• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got a shipment from Midway

#1Buck4me

Supporter
Saw the good deal on S&B #00 Buckshot and I couldn't resist. Have never tried them but the price was right! Deal was still there today.

Shotgun 017.JPG

Took them to the range last week and was pleasantly surprised. These shells shot well and patterned well from my TR500 with 18.5 in barrel.

The recoil seemed mild from my gun which has the heavy wall breacher barrel.

After racking off a quick 5 rounds, I did find myself standing in a haze of greyish white smoke for a few seconds, but didn't notice any buildup in my action.

Another thing that I did notice that when ejecting these shells after firing there was more resistance than I normally feel from my Federal buckshot loads. Anyone else experience this?

Here is a taget that shows the SB pattern along with a couple of other shell types. The Remington/Peters #00 were some old shells that I have had for at least 30 years. The target load was Federal Top Gun.

FuK3u2GwgOli85uH8KNGwPFdczZZeLv2alr6ZUiTFQ_UUugxyczE_WjgYzR2pR3OnBoZXHqCXzb-uvtk9da6Bub_ib6pDL5bng3lzzzvgChM7oTRzQRApHMdkr1KK7K5vHrB1uFyCq3WGhQQ7uZqyxeUGnAdWy7rjfGpaRjErrOduh50lldSCqgrfpd4BHE2SHHN8wYWCEucgZGvS00fEla02AhPjYRtJjiOgfXAu4VW4DNs4atx_-KBRHa3b-Arw136D4u_wLDqmcpKY_gVfxZ8Wepr1VxG4ERzDviAEv60h0CmhYKfS-Wb3HrumWQW4MjpPBasdiga8G0WXCIXsngOLt7k-DLdjOfMEYzMydCgMXxfilZBC7F2GH_BOUtgIFBlbh8gsm_5TGOrcqYmIn_rxQQJSc97Fs4Sj3h1LFmNdyEg-qXJWctjMkm3m5CMUglXV1t3Xo6j6Iz_Ev0hQowwrWcwkZjmN7Yz7IspZ3b7evxisgOKMIUFo_Zhjehyf55GPBE9eKKSJtWjGPLbw2LlRjuz2mPFXmGDzikIgaV6cEHKFRZdnyFFt7Mm-smqgNH9=w685-h913-no

Would recommend the S&B to a friend and plan to buy more.

Can someone give me hint on how to insert a thumbnail from Google Photos?

Thanks
Buck

#1Buck4Me said: "Can someone give me hint on how to insert a thumbnail from Google Photos ? "

Sorry...can't help ya there Buck.

Glad you found some good buckshot priced well. It's fun as hell to sometimes shoot big balls of lead from a shotgun!

After racking off a quick 5 rounds, I did find myself standing in a haze of greyish white smoke for a few seconds, but didn't notice any buildup in my action.

That is certainly unusual. I haven't encountered that, not even once.

[That is certainly unusual. I haven't encountered that, not even once.QUOTE]

I really didn't notice it nearly as much when firing single rounds. Now I have an excuse to go back to the range and run through some more quick rounds. And you are so right, it is fun shooting big balls of lead from a shotgun!

edit- to repair my typo made while trying to use my tablet to post

Last edited:
I bought that same deal from Midway back in February. 80 bucks for 250 rounds. Pretty good deal. Haven't had a chance to run any through my 590 yet.

Back