• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got another AR - the M&P15 Sport II

I'm starting to think I have an illness. :p The LGS called...

OK at this point I started thinking does this guy live in California? The LGS is what? Legal gun society?
Already I was engaged...

...so now I'm asking myself if I have it too? This AR disease?

Shall I just sell it and go back to wood guns before it's too late for me?

I'm just kidding you know, but when I was a kid there was no such thing as a plastic & aluminum gun around our place. An AR is a real oddity to me.

I used to hit quarters at 100 yards with my sport... irons. She was awesome.

My eyesight was never so good. Without a scope I can hit a 12" circle reliably at 100 yds. I'll hit a 6" circle maybe 60% of the time. doesn't matter much which gun I shoot at that point. With a good scope I can do 2" circles at 100 yds with .223 and 3" with a .22lr.

With mine on 4x I can't see over 50 yds really well. I need a more powerful scope at 100.

20160306_085042.jpg

I could never see the quarter. But I put the post on the bullseye and would get hits.

I'm happy with hitting a 3 inch circle with irons.

Sport's rock !

good job, most people don't know why that scallop exists, you do

In all honesty, if not for the original Sport, I probably wouldn't know what it meant, either. That's probably the main reason why not having a FA on the Sport never bothered me. Prior to getting my first Sport, I read and compared AR's till I couldn't stand it anymore. Then I read some more. :D I've learned a lot about AR's since. I was very pleased with the first Sport. It shot great, and is extremely accurate with the scope.

I expect the Sport II to be just the same. Maybe I'm wrong, but the trigger on the new Sport II seems to be even a little better than the Sport. I thought the Sport had a great trigger. But then again, I don't have much experience with other triggers. All I know is, the Sport II trigger feels pretty light to me.

OK at this point I started thinking does this guy live in California? The LGS is what? Legal gun society?
Already I was engaged...

...so now I'm asking myself if I have it too? This AR disease?

Shall I just sell it and go back to wood guns before it's too late for me?

If you clicked my profile you'd see that I live in a free state. :p:D

As for the AR disease I'm afraid there is no known cure. There is no immunization. The only thing you can do is indulge. Resistance is futile. LGS stands for Local Good-god-what-have-I-bought-now Store. Get with the times, man! o_O

All this time, I thought LGS meant local gun store.

Who knew?

Ok smartie pants.:p
It just sounded much more official than that.

Back