• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Grandma wins

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Tell me again how firearms are bad. This is something the left will never understand or agree with. Grandmothers get it, why doesn't the leftist anti-gun crowd?

On January 5th, 63-year-old grandmother Elzie Pipkins shot and killed an armed robber who was targeting her house for the second time in a matter of weeks.

The robber, Devon Antonio Young, had robbed Pipkins's Shreveport, Louisiana, home in mid-December, stealing her .38 revolver. Thereafter Pipkins went to a pawn shop and bought another revolver so she would be able to "protect her own."

According to the Shreveport Times, on Sunday night Pipkin heard her granddaughter talking about a man walking toward the front door. The grandmother went to check, but before she could get to the door Young "done bust in the house and said, 'Nobody move.'" Pipkins' granddaughter said, "Oh Lord, Granny, he has a gun."

Young handed Pipkins's granddaughter "a bag to fill with valuables." Pipkins intervened, offering him the money in her purse, hoping he would "take that and leave." A dissatisfied Young demanded the money in the safe and walked Pipkins to the safe "with a shotgun at her back."

Pipkins said, "I was so nervous, I messed up two or three times as I was unlocking the safe. I prayed, 'Oh Lord, help me get through this. Oh Lord, it's going to be me or him.'"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... nddaughter

I have no problem at all with the vast majority of our law enforcement professionals and this is not meant as a smear to any of them, but the left would have you believe that the police will protect you.

And in this case, the police did not protect her the first time her home was wrecked, had not captured the bad guy in the weeks following and he actually came back a second time because he couldn't get in her safe the first time and he came back for it again when the lady and her grand daughter was there. This story is full of bad.

Attention anyone who feels the police will protect you, you're living in a dream world.

Trusting a police force to protect you from harm is no more logical than trusting the hospital to prevent disease or the fire department to prevent fires.

I have a very good friend that lives in Shrevesport and works as a Deputy Sheriff in one of the Parish' in New Orleans. I would stand shoulder to shoulder with him without a second thought if he asked and needed me. It's not the police fault. The point that I was trying to make is that you are responsible for your own well being.

If you want someone else to protect you all the time, expect to either hire bodyguards, or be elected President.

John A. said:
I have no problem at all with the vast majority of our law enforcement professionals and this is not meant as a smear to any of them, but the left would have you believe that the police will protect you.

I'm sure nitesite would back you up on the fact that police officers are first Responders not first line defenders... there's a big difference. (I know you guys get it... I'm just sayin ;) )

Back