• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gratuitous MVP Photos

zagmp03

.270 WIN
Show your MVPs in action! Haven't seen a thread for MVP p0rn, so here it is...

Doing a little bit of zero confirmation on my MVP and zeroing my black gun. Beautiful morning. Planning on going to a long range shoot with my MVP this weekend!

Attachments

• 20131011_082536.jpg
    20131011_082536.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 772
At my Brothers Gun Club, the shooting vice is horrid to work with, I would recommend bean bags rather than this.

bxnx.jpg

bxnx.jpg

MrDig, how do you like the varmint stock? I've been thinking of trying to find one that I can swap my stock with to have the short barrel with the different stock. I have been thinking of ways that I can make the LOP on mine about 1-1/2" longer, just doesn't fit right.

I like it. I shoulders well and feels comfortable on the bench. I have yet to try it in the field shooting critters though.

aksavanaman said:
You guys have some outstanding MVP's! Beautiful!

Thanks! Will have more shots this weekend!

MrDig said:
I like it. I shoulders well and feels comfortable on the bench. I have yet to try it in the field shooting critters though.

Most I've shot with mine is some tannerite (which is a lot of fun!), but the idea was for a 'yote gun, just haven't had time to get out yet.

thanx! now that shes broken in I bought a few hundred rounds im gunna shoot the hell out of her!

So as a followup, I shot at "Snipergeddon" last weekend with my MVP - I was the smallest caliber (5.56) out of everybody there, most were shooting .260, 6.5 or 308. Lots of spendy rifles. My rifle managed to hang very well in spite of the nut behind the stock, taking 11 out of 31 shooters. Not bad for a sub $700 set up, where a lot of the barrels on some of the guns there cost that and more. Can't wait for the .308 version to come out!

zagmp03 said:
So as a followup, I shot at "Snipergeddon" last weekend with my MVP - I was the smallest caliber (5.56) out of everybody there, most were shooting .260, 6.5 or 308. Lots of spendy rifles. My rifle managed to hang very well in spite of the nut behind the stock, taking 11 out of 31 shooters. Not bad for a sub $700 set up, where a lot of the barrels on some of the guns there cost that and more. Can't wait for the .308 version to come out!

Nice!! Well Done!!

MikeD said:
Nice!! Well Done!!

Thanks MikeD! It made me come home to the missus talking about reloading and custom loads and barrels...she, of course, rolled her eyes :roll: I think that it will eventually get a 1:7 barrel and the same scope with increased magnification so I can make my own shot calls - 9x wasn't cutting it at 500yds.

Nice underdog story zagmp03! What's the MVP's standard twist? I was suprised to learn that millitary standard for 5.56 is 1:7 now... I personally prefer a 1:8, and this has yielded some sweet accuracy from my AR.

aksavanaman said:
Nice underdog story zagmp03! What's the MVP's standard twist? I was suprised to learn that millitary standard for 5.56 is 1:7 now... I personally prefer a 1:8, and this has yielded some sweet accuracy from my AR.

Thanks! The underdog is the rifle. I just have to do my part :oops:

Standard twist is 1:9. Great for everything up to about 75 grain, but I think it loses a lot of stabilization out past 300. I was ringing a 6 inch gong like a doorbell (did the best in my group), but at the 500 yard low man out stage, everything I shot was bottom right, regardless of hold. Green Mountain has some 1:7 blanks for $50, now just to find someone who will turn me a similar/same profile along with a nut, etc to change it over. Probably not worth it vs. going down to a 68 gr round, but I can dream. 1:8 would be preferred with an AR for me, but I bought with 1:9 in my FrankenAR and haven't changed it.

New scope upgrade is going to be a Redfield Revenge 6-18x44. Have the same model in 3-9 now, I like that I can range off of a known object within the scope without having to do MIL math...

Full Monty Varmint then I replaced the Bi-Pod with a Harris, the scope is a Sightmark Triple Duty 8.5-25X50 sitting in 3 screw Weaver rings with a bubble level, a Witt Machine brake and a pre WWII leather cheek riser.

The new bore was prepped and is maintained with David Tubbs Final Finish & TMS system.

attachment.php

I really like seeing what others are doing with theirs keep them coming if you got pics.
24Carat and Zeuce really nice guns

Back