1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Greetings from London, UK

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Scrumbag, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .22LR

Hello folks,

Been lurking a while but thought I'd join as thinking of getting a Mossberg 535 for wildfowling.

Bit of a pump gun fan having a Benelli Supernova and Browning BPS.

Scrummy
    Rossignol likes this.
  2. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Welcome from MI!!!
    Scrumbag likes this.
  3. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .22LR

Many thanks Mike! (From another Mike)

Here' my supernova, currently kitted out for Practical Shotgun (24" smoothbore slug barrel and Nordic extension tube) Need to fettle the barrel clamp a little so I can get the tube to sit straighter

[​IMG]
    Rossignol, CaddmannQ and ripjack13 like this.
  4. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.
  5. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .22LR

Many Thanks L.E.S. Mainly shoot deer, deer rifles at targets, sporting clays and wing shooting (must do more waterfowling) hence thinking about the 535
  6. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum from Florida,USA.
  7. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Howdy and welcome to the club.
    Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions.

ripjack13
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
  9. Iver Johnston

Iver Johnston .410

Welcome from Ireland. Great selection of shotguns there!
  10. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Welcome to the forum Scrum.
  11. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .22LR

Many thanks! Iver Johnston, what do you shoot in Ireland?
  12. tattooo

tattooo .30-06

Welcome to the forum
  13. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Protestants!

Just kidding...my dad's whole family is Irish Catholic. I'm a Baptist. It gets complicated...
  14. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Hello and welcome! I've had only Mossberg shotguns and have been wanting a Benelli.
    Scrumbag likes this.
  15. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .22LR

Many thanks! And do it! I've only had the Supernova pump but a few friends have had M2s and SBEs... awesome guns!
  16. Iver Johnston

Iver Johnston .410

Hi Scrumbag, I'm farming, so most of my shooting is vermin. Mags and greys mainly, take a rattle at woodies now and then.
    Not arable country around where I am, so no big bags, but good sport all the same. Around here, its all walked up rough shooting, pheasent, snipe etc, plus ducks and geese in season.
    Do a bit of lamping of foxes, as I've sheep. Tikka T3 in 223 rem.
    Since Sept. having a go at English Sporting clays. Some very humbling sessions :D

There are the beginnings of a Practical Shotgun series underway, our licencing laws make it slightly more difficult to get hi cap shotguns, as you need a "restricted" licence to have unplugged mags and to buy slugs. Hope to apply for "restricted" on the Mossberg 500 next time around, or else trade in an AyA under/over I have against an auto Benelli or Stoeger.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  17. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .22LR

18. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Congrats on the new Mossberg. I hope it is all you expected.
  19. Daryll

Daryll .270 WIN Supporter

Welcome from a fellow Brit... I'm just a rifle shooter now, but did have a Mossie 500 back in my shotgun days..
    meanstreak likes this.
  20. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .22LR

Looks good so far! Need to take it out on Clays
    meanstreak likes this.