• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Greetings from Seattle

DarkPassenger308

.270 WIN
Supporter
Howdy.

Longtime Mossy owner. Just joined the forum yesterday so I could contribute to the serial number/manufacture date database. I currently have a 500-ATP8 from 1981 and a much more recent 500. The ATP is at a local cerakote shope getting refinished. I'll upload pics when completed. Nothing fancy, just a traditional matte black. I also have a 14" shockwave on order.

I've already learned a lot of tips and tricks as a lurker on the forum. Figured it was time to sign up and make a little contribution.

Cheers!

Welcome to the most polite gun forum on the inter web. Glad you joined. I joined for the shotgun info but we have very diverse interests and threads often get totally away from firearms.

Seattle, Huh? Weird town. I have a brother living on Vashon, he works downtown. Never seen anything quite like Seattle. Very unique place.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your Mossbergs. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Howdy and welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
ripjack13

Thanks guys. I picked up the ATP8 from my local Cerakote guy yesterday and thought I'd upload a picture. She's in darn near perfect shape for being 36 years old. I had to replace the plastic safety (had a small crack in it). I'm still looking for a good screw that will fit the ProMag steel safety. I have a stainless Phillips in there for the time being.

Attachments

• 500-ATP8.jpg
    500-ATP8.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2099.JPG
    IMG_2099.JPG
    848.2 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to the most polite gun forum on the inter web. Glad you joined. I joined for the shotgun info but we have very diverse interests and threads often get totally away from firearms.

Seattle, Huh? Weird town. I have a brother living on Vashon, he works downtown. Never seen anything quite like Seattle. Very unique place.

- Yeah, Seattle's a weird one alright. Watch out for the heroine needles when you visit. I've spent a ton of time on Vashon. Fun little community.

I visited Seattle only twice, but I'd like to go again.

When I was seven we went to the World's Fair. We were living at Moses Lake so it wasn't far. The line to get tickets for the Space Needle was about a mile long. It was also very expensive and we didn't go.

About 10 years ago I took my wife and went back, and we did get to eat lunch in the Space Needle which was quite fabulous and expensive. We got the fancy souvenir cocktails and the whole business. I'd love to do it again.

I visited Seattle only twice, but I'd like to go again.

When I was seven we went to the World's Fair. We were living at Moses Lake so it wasn't far. The line to get tickets for the Space Needle was about a mile long. It was also very expensive and we didn't go.

About 10 years ago I took my wife and went back, and we did get to eat lunch in the Space Needle which was quite fabulous and expensive. We got the fancy souvenir cocktails and the whole business. I'd love to do it again.

A lot of folks don't know it, but the Space Needle is a privately owned building. They recently sold the restaurant to new ownership and the menu is even better now. For sure worth a visit again if you get the chance!

Thanks guys. I picked up the ATP8 from my local Cerakote guy yesterday and thought I'd upload a picture. She's in darn near perfect shape for being 36 years old. I had to replace the plastic safety (had a small crack in it). I'm still looking for a good screw that will fit the ProMag steel safety. I have a stainless Phillips in there for the time being.
That is very nice. Look for the screw at Amazon or Brownell's or MidwayUSA. They are crazy expensive tho.

I recommend this one, for the Mossy 500. The one I got from Amazon did not fit flush like the OEM screw.

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...ety-button-screw-sku631000014-9238-23155.aspx

That is very nice. Look for the screw at Amazon or Brownell's or MidwayUSA. They are crazy expensive tho.

I recommend this one, for the Mossy 500. The one I got from Amazon did not fit flush like the OEM screw.

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...ety-button-screw-sku631000014-9238-23155.aspx

Haha. $6 for a screw is pretty...screwy. Thanks very much for the link. I'll throw in my cart for whenever I make my next Brownell's order. I took the ProMag safety into my local hardware store and couldn't find a screw that actually fit down inside the recessed area for the screw head. Ultimately, I'd like a hex bolt so it's less likely to strip.

Back