• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Appreciation Day ‘14 CAPITOL RALLIES JANUARY 19th NOON

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
I know Oregon and Washington is following through with this, was supposed to be an annual event nation wide .

We are starting at noon on the 19th at the state capitol

Are the other states doing this at all ?

It is as important as ever that the government continues to see the people gather for our rights

Re: Gun Appreciation Day ‘14

I found some rallies are in fact scheduled in many states at noon at the capitol, anyone going or are you all just happy where this is all landing this year ?

Thanks Oli. I didn't know about these. PA is having one and I plan to be there now. I'll have to let Itsricmo know...maybe we can get him out of lamaz (spelling) for the day.

lol, cool....the guy I went with last year is out of town, working on getting some company to go

Hey you all, I know I am going to sound like a broken record but this is as important as it has ever been, they are just wanting everyone to be comfortable and become complacent….if you can make this do it, if the second means anything to you, show your face at the capitol at high noon on the 19th just like last year., tell everyone you know who cares.

Check your upcoming legislation and see what is being proposed behind your back, join your states grass root organizations.
I just got an OFF alert to what they are trying for in Oregon and we are up in arms about it.
Let them know we will not go as other states have, we will not comply to unconstitutional requests or laws EVER…….it is your duty as an American not to comply even if you have to lie and cheat your way out of the tyrannical government grip !

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization
Oregon Firearms Federation
FIRST GUN RESTRICTION BILL SCHEDULED!

The Senate Judiciary Committee will be introducing its first gun control bill on January 17, at 3:30 PM in Hearing Room F at the Capitol. This is the bill we told you was coming banning private transfers and starting the registration process. The draft of the bill is number LC 154 and is not yet available for the public to see. The legislature is not scheduled to start proceedings until February so they are getting out in front in their efforts to attack your rights.

As you know, all gun registration starts with "background checks" and no doubt this bill will extend the failed background checks to virtually all transfers. So if you want to give a gun to your oldest friend or your nephew, you will now need to ask the State Police for "permission."

If the system is down you are out of luck.

These background checks are how the state builds a list of gun owners. These lists have been used over and over to begin the confiscation process. Not only in Nazi Germany but in New York and now in California.

It's imperative that you contact the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and tell them in no uncertain terms that you oppose extending the failed background check system to a private transfer and you oppose any new gun registrations.

CHECK YOUR STATE

http://amgoa.org/Gun-Rights-Rallies

Re: Gun Appreciation Day ‘14 CAPITOL RALLIES JANUARY 19th NO

good luck

Give 'em hell oli.

I'm in frequent contact with reps in my district as well as a few others. You're absolutely right about them trying to sneak this crap in. Those that seek to usurp our freedoms will use our complacency to accomplish their goals while we're caught up in Monday night football. The public will rally for a cause on either side of an issue with passion and fervor. We matched their intensity on the public front last time around and they realized they can't bully us into backing down in a public brawl. Most folks get bored quickly and lose interest before long. Now, they're using subversive tactics to get their BS legislation pushed through out of public view. They haven't stopped trying, so we cannot stop paying attention...

oli700 said:
good luck

Good one Oli.
I have lurked around the PA gun boards and it looks like we should have a decent showing. I'm pumped up for it. Anything I can do to support the 2A from home pales in comparision with getting out there, some fresh air and listening to the speeches.

I would rep you both if I could....but this website is still lacking that, among other thing lately. You guys be safe out there

Looking to head out to Albany. Trying to see if there will be a showing.

FUAC!

Made all the ones last year but I will miss this one. I am coaching our kids in a tournament that weekend...already locked into it. Our state has been very quiet on this, which is what our front line gun rights organization wants...not even a mention of it on their website (they don't want to upset the apple cart).

Give them hell, guys. I will be there in spirit which I know is not nearly enough...

OA, if I recall last year they didn't want to do to much either. What it their problem?

We have a relatively stable pro-gun legislature. The Buckeye Firearms organization is afraid of offending the sitting members by supporting any grassroots demonstrations. They are spineless. One of the leaders of BFA is also on the NRA board and she has been quoted as saying that we gun owners will only muddy up the water. If you'll notice, there was no widespread support for last year's demonstrations from the NRA, either. They are especially afraid that something horrible will happen will all of us openly carrying.

While I understand that we have a balancing act to maintain, the states legislators need to know we have not gone away...hence the letters and emails and occasional demonstrations...not against them but to remind them...

OhioArcher said:
If you'll notice, there was no widespread support for last year's demonstrations from the NRA, either
I think it's because they are not grassroots. I find the NRA to be about worthless at the local people level for politics. They are good behind the scenes and working in DC. It's what they do.

I do remember how they weren't big at last year's event planning and support and then one turned up at the last minute to speak at out capital. She was the worst speaker of the day and half of it was an advertisement for the NRA and all they do for us.

I agree. And when you have a NRA board member running your state's grassroots organization that thinking trickles down. The BFA is a grassroots organization that operates like the NRA in that it wants your money to lobby and doesn't want its members doing anything else.

He doesn't want to be the next Assad...challenged by his own people...

Obama and the liberal media:
“We are told NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics." BUT on the other hand…….
"We are also encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics."

Back