• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Registration in Nazi Germ...I Mean CT

Chris and his wife Cheryl are 2 of our Executive Members.
Both good people!
Cheryl is a blogger and has a couple blogs that she writes.
Chris volunteered to write the blog for CCDL.
I dont think he realized what he was getting in to :shock:

He does a FANTASTIC job managing that comments section.
If the folks out here want to really keep up with what is going on in CT and with CCDL, I hope that you will all subscribe to the blog http://ccdl.us/blog/

Remember also if you want to get our emails and be counted as a member, sign up its free. We do have members from almost every state and even many other countries.
http://ccdl.us/membership

rip, I read the link, and I can't honestly say that I agree with some of it.

Maybe because I can't really wrap my head around the registration part. I have never dealt with that so I cannot think of a single reason why registering my guns would benefit me, my family or anyone else. I have a real issue with people butting into my business. Whether it is government, my next door neighbor or whoever it is and I am generally resistant to such.

Secondly, his point about not being able to use a weapon to protect his family is stupid.

If someone was trying to harm my family, I would resist with any means at my disposal, and at all cost. Whether a gun they knew about, or not. Damn the consequences and if I serve some time for it, it would still be worth it to me knowing my family was safe and I did was was expected of me to do so. I wouldn't think a second thought about it. That's my duty as a husband and father to protect my family.

Period.

Present company excluded of course, but people need to grow a set of balls and do something about it before it snowballs into something much worse than what you previously had before.

I guess I'm just old school and was raised to not take no sh!t off of anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Don't start none, wont' be none.

These people making these laws need to know that we're not going to compromise our rights away, we will not comply with unconstitutional "laws" and there will be consequences for them if they try.

If it means voting them out, then don't rest until you do.

LTB45 said:
Chris and his wife Cheryl are 2 of our Executive Members.Both good people!

I'm sure they are. I had to remind myself while reading it that you guys in CT are getting it from your state and it sounds like from gun owners from around the country as well. Not a fun time to be a 2A supporter in CT. It's good to see that more are waking up even if it unfortunately wasn't sooner. Keep your chins up guys and give them hell at every opportunity!

John A. said:
rip, I read the link, and I can't honestly say that I agree with some of it.

Maybe because I can't really wrap my head around the registration part. I have never dealt with that so I cannot think of a single reason why registering my guns would benefit me, my family or anyone else. I have a real issue with people butting into my business. Whether it is government, my next door neighbor or whoever it is and I am generally resistant to such.

Secondly, his point about not being able to use a weapon to protect his family is stupid.

If someone was trying to harm my family, I would resist with any means at my disposal, and at all cost. Whether a gun they knew about, or not. Damn the consequences and if I serve some time for it, it would still be worth it to me knowing my family was safe and I did was was expected of me to do so. I wouldn't think a second thought about it. That's my duty as a husband and father to protect my family.

Period.

Present company excluded of course, but people need to grow a set of balls and do something about it before it snowballs into something much worse than what you previously had before.

I guess I'm just old school and was raised to not take no sh!t off of anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Don't start none, wont' be none.

These people making these laws need to know that we're not going to compromise our rights away, we will not comply with unconstitutional "laws" and there will be consequences for them if they try.

If it means voting them out, then don't rest until you do.

John, I feel the same as you regarding my business. Around here, folks generally don't poke their noses in unless invited. It just ain't polite.

Anyway, more to the point, I skimmed a bit of the CCDL link, and this jumped out at me: "non-partisan organization to advocate second amendment rights in the state of Connecticut." My problem with this statement is the word "advocate". What's to advocate? It's a fundamental right, so why should we have to beg permission from some government body to be able to exercise it?

Advocating for a existing fundamental right is ridiculous on the face of it, and makes one look like a wuss that just can't wait to surrender (aka 'compromise') given a proper incentive to do so.

GunnyGene said:
What's to advocate? It's a fundamental right
It's a fundamental right to you and I and probably the rest of MO. It's not a fundamental right to those making unconstitutional laws.

GunnyGene said:
Advocating for a existing fundamental right is ridiculous on the face of it
We are losing rights and freedoms all the time. They will go even faster without an advocate. People in FL advocated to have concealed permits in the late 80's and look were that is now. Your state recently got open carry because someone advocated for it. That should have been a right and not a law that granted you something you should of had already.

GunnyGene said:
makes one look like a wuss that just can't wait to surrender (aka 'compromise') given a proper incentive to do so.
Your opinion but mine is that I don't know how you could be more wrong on that statement.

I see advocating as in speaking up for their rights.

Especially in light of their recent laws.

ripjack13 said:
Chris Lemos is real good guy. Has his head wrapped up in this whole shebang....

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16lQ ... asic?pli=1

It's on point too.

I read this. I haven't commented positive or negative on the CCDL site about anything, but I do take exception to the charge he makes at the end of that tirade, in-so-far as it pertains to MS. We did have the balls to do what other parts of the country have not. And we did it legally in the space of 1 year. We made MS an open carry State. Sure, there are still a couple minor local glitches here and there, but those are going away pretty quickly.

The only records kept on gun or ammo sales are by the dealer, and those are sealed from the public.

GunnyGene said:
I haven't commented positive or negative on the CCDL site about anything
Understood.

This thread has veered off the original topic by me as much as anyone. Maybe we can get it back on point of the b.s. that is forced registration. This thread was about CT but NY also went through it. CA just added long guns. I saw the following on CDNN looking for magazines. It's scary. I'll bet that this list was 1/4 this size 5 years ago. No rebuild kits tell me the plan is to eliminate magazines through attrition. Does anyone know if a registered list was used to collect guns after Katrina or did they just do a house by house search?

California - No High Capacity Magazines or Mag Rebuild Kits
Colorado - No Magazines over 15rds
Connecticut - No Magazines or Mag Rebuild Kits
Chicago, Illinois - No High Capacity Magazines or Mag Rebuild Kits
Hawaii - No Pistol Magazines Over 10rds
Maryland - No High Capacity Magazines or Mag Rebuild Kits
Massachusetts - No High Capacity Magazines or Mag Rebuild Kits
New Jersey - No Magazines Over 15rds
New York - No High Capacity Magazines or Mag Rebuild Kits
Ohio - No Centerfire Magazines Over 30rds
Washington D.C. - No High Capacity Magazines or Mag Rebuild Kits

John A. said:
I see advocating as in speaking up for their rights.

Especially in light of their recent laws.

Advocacy is fine and dandy as far as it goes, but unless there are well understood and credible consequences attached to it, it's just talk. Which can be easily ignored.

They're not just talking.

They're in the forefront of the fight gunnygene.

Well considering I helped write that 5 years ago.
If anyone on here thinks I am some kind of wuss.......

Considering I really love this forum I will leave it at that.

Especially since I and my organization have already stepped up to help thousands of people that I have never met.

So tell me what you internet commandos have done lately or EVER to protect anyone's rights.

Again, it's time to put this thread back on the topic of what the people in CT (and others that went through it) are dealing with when registration came to pass. It is not a thread about what folks did or didn't do.

There are some MO members who are demonstrating a great deal of restraint within this thread, one maybe one who is bloviating. Congrats to those who are excercising restraint.

You have no idea gunny what we're up against. Not all of us live in a world where we can do whatever we please out our backdoor....
I'm sure you meant well....but it was not taken well...sometimes I wonder about your thinking process......Len has done for us more than you can imagine.....and that's no talk.

We can't refute the fact that crap like this has a ripple effect. Even though some of us (myself included) live in states that are genneraly 2A friendly, you're only setting yourself up for failure if you think it can't eventually happen in your state.

All of us know that the laws that have been recently passed in NY, CT, MD etc..., weren't put in place to protect the public. It is the beginning of the road that leads to confiscations and total Gov't dominance.

You really nailed it AKsavanaman. I've wanted to say that for a while but haven't been able to put my thoughts into writing.

Registering firearms and magazine does not protect anyone from anything.

No one is immune from this.....NO ONE!!!!

If they can pull it off in one state, others will fall as well, even those that seem safe and secure in their laws. all it takes is the right combination of players in office, which they will get eventually. The anti-gun crowd will not be happy until all guns are gone...period, no matter how long it takes or how dirty they have to play.

We are our only advocate in this, no one is standing up for gun owners but gun owners.

ripjack13 said:
You have no idea gunny what we're up against. Not all of us live in a world where we can do whatever we please out our backdoor....
I'm sure you meant well....but it was not taken well...sometimes I wonder about your thinking process......Len has done for us more than you can imagine.....and that's no talk.

I promised John I'd keep my big mouth shut about this, and write my ramblings off to fighting the flu for the past week and it ain't done with me yet. So that's what I'm gonna do. :)

http://bearingarms.com/connecticuts-new ... aign=nl_pm

the rest of us better be paying attention, hope it doesn't take another tragedy and subsequent threat from the POTUS to get some of you off the couch.....yeah you, you lurkers and you regulars as well......feeling complacency lately, not just here but in the day to day conversations with folks

Back