• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

H.R. 38 The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act Of 2017

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
They said this was high on the agenda and so we shall see if they can pass it. The guts of it require all states and the District of Columbia to honor any concealed permit from any state. Thus, someone living in DC can bypass their impossible rules and get one from say Florida and they are good to go. Part of me believes it shouldn't even be needed but on the other hand, living on eastern PA I'm surrounded by Maryland, New Jersey and New York. They have locked up people from PA for accidentally carrying in NJ.

One plus I have noticed on this bill and the one for suppressors is that the lame stream media is so fired up about Trump and his cabinet picks that they haven't been whining about these bills yet. I'm sure they will at some point but I'll take this while it lasts.

Fairfax, Va. – On behalf of its five-million members, the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) applauded the introduction of H.R. 38, The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017, authored by Congressman Richard Hudson (NC-8). This legislation would eliminate the confusing patchwork of state carry laws by allowing individuals who possess concealed carry permits from their home state or who are not prohibited from carrying concealed in their home state to exercise those rights in any other state that does not prohibit concealed carry.
“The current patchwork of state and local laws is confusing for even the most conscientious and well-informed concealed carry permit holders. This confusion often leads to law-abiding gun owners running afoul of the law when they exercise their right to self-protection while traveling or temporarily living away from home,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA-ILA. “Congressman Hudson’s legislation provides a much needed solution to a real problem for law-abiding gun owners.”
This legislation would not override state laws governing the time, place or manner of carriage or establish national standards for concealed carry. Individual state gun laws would still be respected. If under federal law a person is prohibited from carrying a firearm, they will continue to be prohibited from doing so under this bill.
“Law-abiding citizens should be able to exercise their fundamental right to self-defense while traveling across state lines,” continued Cox. “This is an extremely important issue to our members and we thank Congressman Hudson for leading the fight to protect our rights,” concluded Cox.

Back