• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Had a little down time at work today...

Nice and creative work!...the holder that can withstand a nuclear blast! Keep us posted. I really like your work. I wish we had a water jet, laser or even a plasma cutter at work.

Man we have plasma and torches. No way I could do that kinda work!!!

carbinemike said:
Nice and creative work!...the holder that can withstand a nuclear blast! Keep us posted. I really like your work. I wish we had a water jet, laser or even a plasma cutter at work.
Thanks man. The Flo water jet is great when it's working, but can be a pain sometimes, but it does make work so easy.

I have always thought of machinists as "engineers that didn't like desk work". I worked with one that could turn out parts on the CNC mill or lathe faster than I could draw them up. Keep up the creativity and better still, keep us posted!

carbinemike said:
I have always thought of machinists as "engineers that didn't like desk work". I worked with one that could turn out parts on the CNC mill or lathe faster than I could draw them up. Keep up the creativity and better still, keep us posted!

Well here is a update on my project. :twisted: I received my newest tax stamp for my form 1 suppressor last week. I had to work late a few nights to finish it. I went with a mono core design for easy cleaning and aluminum for weight and cost. I designed it around my m&p 22 pistol. Here are a few progress pics, sorry I like pics :mrgreen:

i8iFcrWQY4t7q.jpg

iq0xW4BDPO0aZ.jpg

i3Y3lXikTWlIb.jpg

iBVdKrndLU5sM.jpg

iVt4TpXPDvTmZ.jpg

iFPRyqBvUJ7OW.jpg

Almost finished pics and chamber connecting mouse holes. Also ready for cerakote.

io7in16eRqycc.jpg

ibbQw704lzcSOx.jpg

Oh yeah and it's really really quite. Scary quite.

Ok I'm back.

Holy crap that's freakin sweet KW! If you have any extra talent laying around I'd like to borrow it for a day to see what it feels like. That looks AMAZING brother! Congrats on the progress and I can't wait to see it after it's coated...

Haha thanks man. I have about 5 hours total in it. Material cost was 0.00 since I used scrap. Just my time and 30.00 for the cerakote and that darn 200.00 tax stamp. The bad thing is already want another one....tax stamps are adding up quick.

Another awesome project from KW! That looks really nice. It sucks that the gov. makes such a big deal out of suppressors when they are almost mandatory in parts of Europe. Can I ask where the design came from?

Keep up the great work!

carbinemike said:
Another awesome project from KW! That looks really nice. It sucks that the gov. makes such a big deal out of suppressors when they are almost mandatory in parts of Europe. Can I ask where the design came from?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks man. The design idea came from a member on another forum. He did a similar style design. I believe his was for a .30 cal rifle. I took his idea and changed and simplified some design elements that made it easier to machine and work for a .22. When I was drawing it up in esprit my boss came over and said "why are you going through all that trouble when you can just use a 2 liter... ":? I replied that I am making a legal suppressor, I don't want to go to prison. :lol:

KentuckyWindage said:
Haha thanks man. I have about 5 hours total in it. Material cost was 0.00 since I used scrap. Just my time and 30.00 for the cerakote and that darn 200.00 tax stamp. The bad thing is already want another one....tax stamps are adding up quick.

KW,
Your work looks great. Im just trying to understand how your US gun laws work. I posted on another thread abount taking my barrel down to 12" on my rifle and a form 1 was mentioned. Here in the UK we can take a barrel on any rifle down to 12" without any form of paperwork. As for suppressors, we send a form to the local police £26 and they sent a paper back so we can either buy one or make one. From reading your thread an a few others do you guys have to pat $200 every tme you want to make a suppressor or change a barrel legnth under 16" or something ?

Kind regards

Chris

Hey Chris, here's what I understand.

Any shotgun barrel under 18".
Any rifle barrel under 16"
Any supressor.

There are exceptions to each of these, but generally I think these are among the most common alterations requiring a fed tax stamp @ $200 whether done at home or by a smith or ordered from the factory.

AOW is another classification altogether ill leave alone for now! :D

Rossignol said:
Hey Chris, here's what I understand.

Any shotgun barrel under 18".
Any rifle barrel under 16"
Any supressor.

There are exceptions to each of these, but generally I think these are among the most common alterations requiring a fed tax stamp @ $200 whether done at home or by a smith or ordered from the factory.

AOW is another classification altogether ill leave alone for now! :D

This correct

Cheers for the info. Very intresting, It doesnt seem too bad as at least you guys still have handguns. Unfortunatly our government deemed them to dangerouse so banned them in the UK :( We can have revolvers but they must have 12" barrels and a rod or wrist brace to make them non concelable.

Welcome aboard. That's a shame on the hand gun ban and restrictions. Many in the U.S. would love to ban them too.

Fear the government that fears your guns.

Just a quick update. I made a forearms nut wrench today out of some A2 tool steel, I was tired of fully disassembling the shotgun to change my forearm. I know it isn't that much more time todo but it drove me crazy. So here it is, I may engrave Mossberg 590A1 on the handle before I black oxide it. Not sure yet. I also made a ar15 wrench out of tool steel to mimic the spikes tactical wrench since there's was the best production one I have used but the steel was not harden. You can see in the pic the teeth are rolling over after one use. So I just made my own version. :mrgreen:

Forearm nut tool..
iX1pSF0h8Aa43.jpg

In use..
iAaxEGQznt8B9.jpg

My wrench is on top. Spikes on bottom
iEVW545HPTUAN.jpg

Back...
ibzlE1N1pZpBXp.jpg

Oh yeah teaser pic...waiting my my trijicon RMR to show up Monday :twisted:

ibo2E3HXP04MSX.jpg

Back