• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Had a little down time at work today...

You can use the O Max software on the Flow.

I like the O Max better also it more user freindly.

I have made a lot one off motorcycle parts this way i just feel sorry for the guys who have purchased my old bikes I tell them if they crash it lot parts are hand made one off custom stuff they never will find in any store. :D

KentuckyWindage said:
marv02 said:
I think I need to fire up the O Max and make some parts now my self.

I just have to find time to write a progarm for it.

Man I miss using the O max, I love the operating a systems compaired to Flows

marv02 said:
You can use the O Max soft wear on the Flow.

I like the O Max better also it more user freindly.

KentuckyWindage said:
marv02 said:
I think I need to fire up the O Max and make some parts now my self.

I just have to find time to write a progarm for it.

Man I miss using the O max, I love the operating a systems compaired to Flows

I did not know that!!! I will have to talk to my boss. Thanks man!

KentuckyWindage said:
Itsricmo said:
That is awesome!!!!! What do have inside the slot for retention?

Looks Great!

Thanks man I am using a 5.750 in length .250 dia rubber vacuum hose. It's the same stuff Mesa uses. I think :twisted: I have a pic of it at the top of the page.

I missed that! Awesome man! You aren't messing around!

KentuckyWindage said:
Had a wild hair Friday and was working on the lathe and decided to make some mag tube followers out of delrin. All I had was black so it will have to due for now. I sort of copied s&j design but made a few changes. Just wanted to share.
ib2scqzcmFb2RP

jttTqeOpUUIs0.jpg

jbthaVIbqRKpON.jpg

jfc77dM77RJWf.jpg

So what did you change when you copied our follower , would love to know, anything you feel is an improvment?
The reason we call that one our "mossberg follower" is that most mossberg shotguns have a 1 pc mag tube, and dont have the issue that after market or in remingtons case , factory +2 mag tubrs have with the spring binding or catching in the +2 mag tube.
Those one benifit for the follower with the tail on the back.
bbb

KentuckyWindage said:
Just an update, I cut some new sling mounts for mounting between the mag cap and barrel support. These are just pics in the raw. I didn't have time to black oxide them today, work got in the way :lol: I will hopefully update tomorrow with finished picks. These mounts work with HK and Cobra attachments.
ji6oDJ59vZ7Ve.jpg

jn5q4ykMy6Ttq.jpg

Love the hk style sling plate, but how are you stoping the end cap from un screwing while firing?
did you use a wave washer or a ball bearing as a dedent?
I know mossberg shotguns have alot more bearing threads then a remington, just wondered if you did not use a wave washer or a ballbearing have you found the mag cap to loosen off after a while?
bbb

badboybeeson said:
KentuckyWindage said:
Had a wild hair Friday and was working on the lathe and decided to make some mag tube followers out of delrin. All I had was black so it will have to due for now. I sort of copied s&j design but made a few changes. Just wanted to share.
ib2scqzcmFb2RP

jttTqeOpUUIs0.jpg

jbthaVIbqRKpON.jpg

jfc77dM77RJWf.jpg

So what did you change when you copied our follower , would love to know, anything you feel is an improvment?
The reason we call that one our "mossberg follower" is that most mossberg shotguns have a 1 pc mag tube, and dont have the issue that after market or in remingtons case , factory +2 mag tubrs have with the spring binding or catching in the +2 mag tube.
Those one benifit for the follower with the tail on the back.
bbb

BBB,
I changed three dimensions including I.D., thickness, O.D. Of the boss. I feel the changes I made helped I'm my personal shotgun. The S.J. Follower was tight in the areas that I changed. Main problem was the boss area was sticking in the receiver. Which bother me the most. The over all thickness was increase to help with strength and wear. Remember these are just my thoughts and opinions and are not the gospel. S.J. Follower is the best design for my gun, just needed some tweeking to be 100%. I don't know about the tail followers since I have only had experience with a choate and it would hang up every time I loaded the tube. S.J follower would not be optimal for a two piece tube in my opinion. I was running there extension also. This is a sample size of one. Others may have different experiences these are just mine.

badboybeeson said:
KentuckyWindage said:
Just an update, I cut some new sling mounts for mounting between the mag cap and barrel support. These are just pics in the raw. I didn't have time to black oxide them today, work got in the way :lol: I will hopefully update tomorrow with finished picks. These mounts work with HK and Cobra attachments.
ji6oDJ59vZ7Ve.jpg

jn5q4ykMy6Ttq.jpg

Love the hk style sling plate, but how are you stoping the end cap from un screwing while firing?
did you use a wave washer or a ball bearing as a dedent?
I know mossberg shotguns have alot more bearing threads then a remington, just wondered if you did not use a wave washer or a ballbearing have you found the mag cap to loosen off after a while?
bbb

Thanks BBB, I have not experienced any issues yet from the mag cap backing out while at the range. I have only 1500-2000 rounds while using this design. So it's still in the air. So far so good. Iam like you I would like a wave washer or a detent with the design. I just haven't got around to changing it.

So I was bored again and decided to make some shell holders for left handed people, or right handlers than needed two more rounds....I went with delrin this time to save some weight. Instead of 1" I dropped it down to .750

iwjmvaF21hZfW.jpg

i64tYpLSxt7Rc.jpg

ibnPiZIt5gompy.jpg

Mounted pic..I really love the light weight of the delrin..
ibjcFCfg40PaWI.jpg

I will take it to the range tomorrow and do a few test to make sure it is 100%.

,,,,,as always KY.......

Attachments

• outstanding.jpg
    outstanding.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 186
Nice KW!....I love to see this thread pop up and can't wait to see what went from your imagination to reality. Hmmm...KW on the vendor list? I like that idea.

We use to injection mold delrin at an old job I had. It's tough stuff and does not absorb moisture like nylon's will.

carbinemike said:
Nice KW!....I love to see this thread pop up and can't wait to see what went from your imagination to reality. Hmmm...KW on the vendor list? I like that idea.

We use to injection mold delrin at an old job I had. It's tough stuff and does not absorb moisture like nylon's will.

That's one reason I went with delrin, durability and no finish required.....hopefully tomorrow will tell if its acceptable.

Back