• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Had My First FTE With My New 930 SPX

I have had 2-3 FTE failures with the edge of the shell being ripped off by the extractor finger. I ended up polishing the chamberIMG_1184.JPG a bit with a dremel. The problem still persisted with 2 more FTEs on the next time shooting clays. I checked both barrels (problem was only happening on 28" field barrel) and noticed a machining lip right where the edge of the shell exits the chamber. The lip wasn't allowing the shell to extract properly and it would get hung up in the little groove. I ground it down a bit with the dremel and small hand files. It doesn't look pretty, but it kills pheasants and clays. I've been able to run low recoil ammo fine and field loads equally fine with OR3Gun MST.

Probably more than 500. Closer to 1000 rnds. I bought it as a used gun. Not very old when I bought it I think. I sent it back to Mossberg once and they replaced the gas system components. I'm looking at your spacer, follower, stock retainer kit for it. I also have trouble getting more than 5 shell into the mag at times. I clean the gas system frequently, I haven't checked the recoil system.

Problems getting more than 5 rounds into the tube is not uncommon with the Choate extension that comes with the SPX. Make sure your transition is smooth on each piece or consider upgrading to a Nordic Components extension. You will also have better luck if you are not running any sling mounts or other items between your forearm and magazine tube extension. The lip of your shell will have a tendency to drop into the internal gap between magazine tube and extension. The Nordic has less of a gap, but there is not a length that lines up exactly to the 18.5" barrel. You will either be a bit short or a bit longer with the Nordic.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Shoot some good buck or some slugs to cycle.. I found some of the Fiocchi rounds (although inexpensive and great overall rounds) weak and had random FTE in ~ every 100 or so rounds. I have been using the 12 gauge Federal Low Recoil 8 Pellet Buckshot FliteControl Wad ammo - LE13300, Winchester Ranger - 1 oz. Law Enforcement Slug - RA12RS15 without ANY failure to eject or feed. Brutal nice low recoil rounds.. usually sell in boxes of 50.

Sparkey70

Back