• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Handgunlaw.us

Thanks for posting the link Fellman. It is impossible to keep track of the different states laws. Even the ones that reciprocate have differences. It can not only be very confusing, but potentially freedom threatening as well.

Thanks for the link, Felly.

Here is a modern day scenario: Say you travel from Florida to Maine along the east coast of the US to go hunting or to a shooting competition (for example). While you can be "legal" in FL, in several places along the way, if you are driving along the interstate (ie: I-95), you are technically "riding dirty" as you pass through certain cities and states. :eek: Meaning if a "non" legal gun is found, your car and possessions will be impounded and you could spend time in jail. :eek:

Last edited:
Gun laws in the country are such that one has to be very careful and do some research before you leave on a trip. Personally, I will happily drive hundreds of miles out of my way to avoid even buying gas or stopping at a restaurant in one of those states that don't want "my kind".

To add to what others already noted, some states permit communities to make laws that are different and more strict than state laws. Talk about confusion.

Back