1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Discussion in 'Forum Rules, Guidelines and Announcements' started by SHOOTER13, Nov 21, 2017.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 ON DUTY Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

The Owners, Admins & Moderating Staff of the Mossberg Owners Forum would like to extend their best wishes to the Membership for a Safe...Bountiful...and Happy Thanksgiving !!

[​IMG]

2. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
    carbinemike and SHOOTER13 like this.
  3. Pawpaw

Pawpaw 20g Supporter

Last week, my wife asked me what I wanted for Thanksgiving dinner. I told her I wanted her to call our son and ask him what he wanted us to bring. :jester:

She liked that idea so... she's been baking buttermilk pies today. :yum:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
    SHOOTER13 and John A. like this.
  4. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Mossberg Owners!!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. MarkStar

MarkStar .22LR

Thank you kindly!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

At my house here are the rules
    1. Get up early and make your own breakfast or go without.
    2. Don't sit in any of the chairs or walk on any of the floors after noontime because you will get them dirty.
    3. Expect to spend at least an hour putting the extra leaf in the table rearranging furniture and dragging extra chairs out of the basement.
    4. Don't even think about opening the refrigerator door because everything in there is for thanksgiving dinner.
    5. Lunch is tomorrow not today stay to heck out of the kitchen.
    6. The only thing available for dinner tonight is a PB&J sandwich or cookies and milk.

My plans for today had breakfast at 6 AM, do the table and chair thing then go down to the shop till noon. At noon go to town and have a pizza dinner, Go bother friends till 3 pm, go back down to my shop till dark. Have cold pizza and beer and watch TV till bedtime.

Tomorrow the part that makes it all worth it happens, the family will arrive and eat about half of the food that was off limits yesterday. Memere and I will get hugs from the grandkid and the kids and another one is in the books.....
    carbinemike and SHOOTER13 like this.
  7. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

Old-Porky-color-icon.png Happy Thanksgiving!
    ripjack13 and SHOOTER13 like this.
  8. carbinemike

carbinemike Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Time to reflect on all of the blessings we have in our lives...peace to all.
  9. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I'm thankful for a lot of things. The biggest is my family. A close second are my friends.

That includes each of you. Happy Thanksgiving guys and gals.
  10. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving to All!!!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  11. Craig Arnold

Craig Arnold .410

I'm thankful for my many, many blessings, especially for be able to live in this great nation. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  12. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, my friends.

My family will start showing up about noon and we will snack and then eat about 3 or 3:30.

All the chairs and tables are arranged and the food is underway. Judy's doing vegetables and puttimg a smoked ham in the crock pot.

I cleaned up the Weber Smokey Mountain, and it's heating up right now. I'm going to go Splat a 15lb turkey and stick it on the grill.

But all of this is old hat to me and not a lot of strain I've been hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas for nearly 30 years.

The real effort all happened in the previous weeks, where I moved 3 aquariums around, and I built a new stand, moved furniture around, set everything up, and got it stocked.

That was a huge strain because I had no idea how much time it was all going to take and I had to have it done by today.

Actually there is a matching shelf for the aquarium stand that is still on my workbench and needs an hour of sanding & a couple more coats of Varnish. That unfortunately is not going to make it up.

But everything else is going to be perfect, if I can figure out how to smoke a turkey for the first time.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 ON DUTY Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Today's Feast:

Carved Turkey Breast and Spiral Cut Honey Glazed Bone-in Ham with Whipped Mashed Potatoes, Cornbread & Cranberry Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes, Buttered Corn, Fresh String Beans, Steamed Cauliflower, Fresh Cranberries, and Hot from the Oven Crescent Rolls.

Appetizers include: Crème Cheese Celery Stalks, Mushroom Caps Oreganato, Thin Sliced Pepperoni with Spicy Mustard Dip, Smoked Kielbasa with Horseradish, and Cucumber Salad.

Desert: Chilled Pumpkin, Coconut Custard, and Oven Warmed Blueberry & Cherry Pies...Espresso, Coffee, and Tea. Ice Cold Buttermilk...

Enjoy Your Feast my Friends...!!
    Elbert Garrett likes this.
  14. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Forum Moderator Supporter

Happy thanksgiving!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  15. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Even people who hate turkey Are Thankful today that they only eat it once a year

I'm thankful that mine came out just perfect!

20171123_142948_resized.jpg
    SHOOTER13 and Elbert Garrett like this.
  16. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  17. tattooo

tattooo .308

Happy thanksgiving !
    SHOOTER13 likes this.