1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

hard loading

Discussion in 'Mossberg 930 Autoloader' started by SPQR70AD, Aug 30, 2020.

1. SPQR70AD

SPQR70AD Copper BB

did any one notice on a 930 when you push a shell into the tube I have to stick my finger in about an inch and a half in or the shell pops out and jams up. I never had a shotgun where I had to do that
  2. AngryWaffle

AngryWaffle .22LR Supporter Elite Member

Yea if I remember correctly I did have to push it in the tube a bit further than I normally would on other shotguns. And yea it's annoying when the shell gets spit out above the elevator.
    SPQR70AD likes this.
  3. SPQR70AD

SPQR70AD Copper BB

I wonder if there is a cure for that
  4. Sarge

Sarge .22LR

My wife accomplishes this just fine.
  5. SPQR70AD

SPQR70AD Copper BB

so I guess you were the first guy in your town to marry another guy
  6. Sarge

Sarge .22LR

No, just a farm girl who grew up milking cows and understands any mechanical device may require a little effort to master.
  7. SPQR70AD

SPQR70AD Copper BB

my thumb is at least twice the size of your wifes and to seat the shell I have to push it so far in my thumb barely gets out. almost stuck
  8. Rob72

Rob72 .410

Honestly. it would be best to detail strip your receiver, and make sure you don't have mill leavings, or burrs, either on the stop or in the receiver channels where it sits. The stop should have a modest step over onto the shell head. The 930 does seat a little deeper than other shotguns I've used, , but not substantially.
    Sarge likes this.
  9. SPQR70AD

SPQR70AD Copper BB

It seems to be in the design. in order to get the shell latch to clip onto the shell it has to be pushed beyond it like any shotgun. so either the shell latch is to far in or the opening for the tube sticks out to far. my thumb is big and I can barely get it out lol