• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

has anyone tried the wolf low drag follower? 930 spx

930fan6364

Copper BB
seems like a good price for the wolf spring and a low drag follower, has anyone tried this setup in their 930 spx? have any luck? i was going to go with the gg&g follower but this one is cheaper (and seems like a slightly better design, i dont like how the gg&g has 3 ribs seems like there are more points for it to get hung up on). my gun has a lower round count and i've had the follower jam up twice on me while loading shells in the tube... it might just need broken in some more but i like to "customize" my weapons anyway. so its either the gg&g follower + wolf mag spring or this wolf spring and follower package, thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121587397165?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Looks to be just a Wolff spring, never heard of that follower
The groves on the GGG are for less friction while maintaining anti tilt....there is nothing in the mag tube for them to snag on

me neither, and i did a good bit of searching yesterday. i figured i would make an account on here and see if anyone has tried it out. they claim it's a NWO red anodized "anit-jam" follower, could it be a nordic part?

me neither, and i did a good bit of searching yesterday. i figured i would make an account on here and see if anyone has tried it out. they claim it's a NWO red anodized "anit-jam" follower, could it be a nordic part?
I was editing about the GGG when you posted

it almost looks like the daves metal works follower, but with holes drilled in it. and the hang ups im experiencing are right after shell 5, so its where the cheap choate extension mates up to the factory mag tube. my thought was that there might be a slight lip where the tube and extension meet, and even if the first rib on the gg&g clears it... it might get hung up on the 2nd and 3rd. i may be over thinking it though it seems alot of people out there have great luck with the gg&g.

Ok, that makes since.....in that instance I can see why you would want a sold bearing surface for the transition....I simply never ran into a bad GG&G part

yeah but at the same time im pretty sure the stock follower is smooth on the sides and im still getting hang-ups lol. i may even have to just de-bur the mag extension, i will have to check it out when i tear it down next time for a good cleaning. even then i like the looks of the gg&g better between that and the great reviews im prolly going to buy one anyway.

That sounds like a better idea, treat the disease not the symptom...the force is strong with you...polish up transition after you put a little tiny bit of radius on suspected edge

yeah thats what im thinking hit it with some emory paper then feel for an edge. thanks for the input man
no problem.....and then pick up some Flitz, gun shops around here have it in little 25 cent packs that would be plenty, can find it elsewhere in tubes......make it look like a mirror 360 degrees around that transition zone.
take your time, its easy to take off, no so much putting it back

......also, have had Wolff springs in several weapons, haven't been unhappy yet. The extra weight in that spring should help punch those shells down the mag tube

I've tried that set up with no luck. It was worse then the original follower. As soon as it gets to the Choate extension it binds. I tried rounding edges and everything (his suggestion ). I think that follower is just the slightest bit small. I took it right out and the same day and bought the HFD2 Defender Follower from http://www.hfd2.com and I haven't looked back. The tail prevents it from getting bound up at the extension joint and collapses to let in the 7th shell. The red follower sits in my tool box as a reminder that you get what you pay for.

Fyi... the seller is a nice guy and a straight shooter. He refunded my money after reminding him that I altered his follower per his suggestion.

I'd take that advice if I were you OP, sounds like you can save some time and grief .

I use the Nordic Components follower and a 28" Wolff XP spring in my 930. I never have any problem with the follower or shells getting stuck while loading the magazine because the follower is longer than normal. It can't tilt so it can't get caught. It doesn't my magazine capacity either because it's hollow. Problem solved.

yeah the wolf spring is a must, the last time i went shooting the spring was soft and i had a couple times that it didnt spit that last shell out. the gun has spent most of its life as a bedside gun so im sure its from sitting around fully loaded all the time. and thanks for the advice on follower's guys i dont think im going to go with the ebay special lol.

im sure its from sitting around fully loaded all the time.
don't worry about that, modern springs do not suffer from that and really only lose power through use, compression AND decompression........don't let anyone on the internet tell you otherwise.
The factory spring is on the weak side, Wolff will be a good addition

don't worry about that, modern springs do not suffer from that and really only lose power through use, compression AND decompression........don't let anyone on the internet tell you otherwise.
The factory spring is on the weak side, Wolff will be a good addition
Based on a lot of the conversations around here, I thought REDUCING the factory spring (cutting it down a bit) solved several FTL/FTE issues......but adding this stronger Wolff spring helps others? Who can put it all together for me? o_O

Based on a lot of the conversations around here, I thought REDUCING the factory spring (cutting it down a bit) solved several FTL/FTE issues......but adding this stronger Wolff spring helps others? Who can put it all together for me? o_O
Seems to be no rhime or reason to what spring Mossberg puts in the tubes sometimes, I've heard of it in the pump guns too

Back