• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Havlin Sales Max Mount Review

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
http://www.havlinsales.com
New from Havlin Sales!
Customize Your Mossberg with MAX MOUNT™
Deluxe Tactical Scope Rail/Shotshell Holder

maxmount2.jpg

Fits Mossberg 500.590.535.835.930.935 with drilled and tapped receivers
Made in USA

maxmount3.jpg

maxmount4.jpg

Holds (5) 12 GA Rounds - Standard or Combat Easy Load from Top or Bottom
Military Grade Aircraft Alloy Base and Rugged Hi-Tensile Polymer Shotshell Holder

maxmount5.jpg

Installation Option: Shown on Model 590A1 with Tactical Scope

maxmount6.jpg

No need to replace factory parts. No Gunsmithing. Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rail. Uses the 4 holes drilled and tapped on top of receiver. Screws provided.

maxmount7.jpg

Deluxe back and radius relief for maximum strength and weight reduction

maxmount8.jpg

Offset positioning of shell holder allows for maximum rearward pull on both tactical and sporting forearms

ITEM: MAXMNT $72.99

Yea I am excited to get mine in and try it out on my Mossberg 500 and 930!

C'mon Dan. When are you going to get it mounted with Pics, so I can tell whether or not I should order one, too ? ;)

I have mounted but I need to grab pictures. I would suggest you ordering one!

What will you be using on the rail, like an MRDS or similar?

I haven't decided yet. Still trying to make up my mind.

still undecided on that one. That rail seems to be sitting high, isn't it? Or I should say higher than a regular picatinny.

I do like the shell holder mounted with it, keeps things simple.

mister_e said:
still undecided on that one. That rail seems to be sitting high, isn't it? Or I should say higher than a regular picatinny.

I do like the shell holder mounted with it, keeps things simple.

It does look like it has a slightly taller profile than some rails because it is also a shell carrier. I dont know if it makes much difference because the cheek weld is gonna be something to adjust to anyway. With this rail especially because of the hight, I'd be more interested in an MRDS rather than something as tall as what I have like the Bushnell.

It certainly sits a bit higher than a normal rail but it would depend on what scope setup you plan to run as to whether or not you will need to really adjust your cheek weld. I will try and grab some pictures in the near future.

hope you dont mind a quick bump.

do you have any pictures of it mounted? any range time with it?

i'd love to hear some input. i'm close to ordering this...

I will have to grab some pictures for you. I have been using it for a few weeks now and really enjoy it. You won't regret purchasing it.

COFirefighter said:
forgot to ask...

with the mount in place, are the bead sights still useable?

I'm gonna go with no. It doesnt look like it to me. You would need some sort of irons, or easier would be an MRDS or reflex sight of some sort.

There are things like clamp on A2 sights, but you would need to match it to something on the rail.

Unfortunately the front bead becomes useless with this mount.

Back