1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Hehehe,half done hybrid

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Shockwave' started by Rodburner, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Rodburner

Rodburner .410

I guess my hands shrunk with age, but it always seemed like I wasn’t really holding the grip tightly enough while firing. My trigger finger was extended way out there or I had to ride my hand up to the top of the grip...So, slipped this Hogue on there this morning. Feels good so far, but of course makes the gun too short. So, I plan to just get another mounting bolt of this length, bend and weld another Allen wrench to the bolt,then weld something on to that to get back to the proper OAL.. maybe some flat stock that some wood scales could attach to, knife style..lol only needs a couple, three inches..yeah,I know, that’s what she said.. View attachment 24042
  2. Rodburner

Rodburner .410

Lol, the infamous 5 minute skeleton. Still 1.5” over, so still have room to play.. 58106723-6241-4938-AE6F-4CB7C9523628.jpeg
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I have that same pistol grip stock and I ended up not liking it. I think a birdshead stock would be the thing for me.
    Rodburner likes this.
  4. Rodburner

Rodburner .410

I’ve got both now, so I can switch in seconds. My only real concern, however slight, is that an extended mounting bolt to reach OAL is sufficient. In my mind it is, as the gun would basically be unfireable with the bolt removed..as far as the pistol grip, after popping a couple #00 and a couple of the new mini bucks, the familiar wrist jolt was there, but none of the birds head blood. Lol Plus I still felt like the gun was in my hand at all times..I’ll be sticking with the mini’s from here on out as my penetration test put the 3 bigger balls equal in depth to the #00 and the smaller #4 buck not far behind..
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  5. Rodburner

Rodburner .410

Yeah,plenty of penetration from the mini buckshot rounds.. and expansion lol 24250BEC-11EE-4DB2-B50F-83002E7102BB.jpeg