• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Heirlooms

I have a few heirlooms so far, but by far the most sentimental to me is a 1947 Winchester model 12 20ga with solid rib. My grandfather bought it new and it was used by several of my uncles and cousins over the years. I grew up with my grandparents mostly and spent many days hunting quail with this gun. The finish is worn and it needs a new recoil pad, but the action and slide are as tight as ever. I haven't gotten around to properly fitting a new recoil pad to it, but when I pulled the dried up and crumbling one off that was on it...there was a receipt in the butt stock from when that recoil pad was installed in 1955! I gently rolled the receipt back up and put it back in its place. I have a number of guns, but that one will always have a special place in my heart and in my safe.

Great thread guys!

My Grandad's old 12 gauge hunting gun was passed down to me a while back...

Marlin Model 19

The pic below shows how the slide action pushes the bolt out the back of the receiver to cock the hammer much in the same manner of a lever action rifle. It's a really cool design you don't see every day...

Almost all the bluing is worn off, but for being made between 1906-1907 it's in really good shape...

We've always been a family of shooters and the photo below represents three generations of the family tradition...

On top is my Grandfather's Inland Mfg./General Motors U.S. Carbine made in 1944. My Pop was in his teens when Grandad passed away and the rifle was passed to him. In the middle is my Pop's Springfield Armory U.S. Rifle made in 1942. He had it for decades and it's still a workhorse for me now. On the bottom is my 2014 Springfield Armory M1A-A1 Scout Squad. It's a beautiful sight to see them together and reflect on so many years of family shooting tradition. It is truly an honor to carry on the tradition and pass these down to my son when he's ready...

Back