• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello From (frosty) Chicago

IMG_3277.jpg

Woke up to -3 today here; B-r-r-r! Picked up my SA-20 rail Tactical shotgun yesterday and immediatly found this site. Purchased for HD and will mount it in bedroom closet (hope my SA-20 fits in the Mossberg Loc Box). This is in addition to my Glock 19 (carry a Glock 42). Taking a 10 hour Basic Shotgun course in May. Just want to clean (lightly oil) it before mounting it in Loc Box. I purchased 9 dummy 20 gauge shotgun shells to practice loading and unloading it (only need 5 but that's the way they're sold). Already saw video of how to disassemble and reassemble gun and will try that soon when cleaning kit arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your new SA-20. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your new SA-20. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.
Thx!

Oh, and I just saw the Fighting First patch in your avatar.

Thank you for serving Sir. We're proud to have you on board...

IMG.jpg
Oh, and I just saw the Fighting First patch in your avatar.

Thank you for serving Sir. We're proud to have you on board...

Thank you. Although I was not a combat veteran, I was a Vietnam Era veteran and received the National Defense Medal. I am extremely proud to have served my country in the "Big Red One" and am even more indebted to all our military heroes! I guess you could say I fought the battle of tooth decay/oral disease for the military men & women and their dependents when I served at Fort Riley. I also participated in REFORGER 74 and practiced general dentistry in a tent in the middle of Germany (along with my dental assistant - pictured far right) supporting the troops of the Big Red One there as well.

Last edited:
Thank you for your service.

I have a dear friend who just turned 81 years old who was a command sergeant major in the big red 1 in Korea and Vietnam.

I have a dear friend who just turned 81 years old who was a command sergeant major in the big red 1 in Korea and Vietnam.
Thank you. I was commissioned a Second Lieutenant during dental school and promoted to First Lieutenant when I graduated. After Medical Department Officer Basic Training at Fort Sam Houston I was promoted to Captain and that is the rank I served from 1973 to 1975. The first year I served in DENTAC which was assigned to Fort Riley but wasn't really a part of the First Infantry Division. In the second year I was assigned to the First Medical Battalion (B Company) in the "Big Red One" (First Infantry) and that's when I went to Germany on REFORGER 74. I remember having to qualify with a .45 pistol (1911 type) at Fort Sam and I wore a .45 side arm when I traveled with the infantry to Germany. Also did a lot of hunting with the other dental officers in Manhattan Kansas and used a Remington 1100 to shoot pheasants, quail and duck.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from NJ
7112c22540f791340216d6fb0040c014.jpg

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D Thank you for your service.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D Thank you for your service.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

Thank you. You and all the people on this BB do make me feel welcome. I know I have found the right place to learn about my "Mossie."

Back