• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello From (frosty) Chicago

Welcome from MI and Thank You For Your Service!!!!!

6AF48B7A-AD50-457E-BD2E-32025DAA9E4A_1_201_a.jpeg
Thank you for your service.

I have a dear friend who just turned 81 years old who was a command sergeant major in the big red 1 in Korea and Vietnam.
Thank you again for your kind words but ...The Big Red One NEVER fought in Korea! They were in West Germany then. I volunteer at the 1st Division Museum in Cantigny (Wheaton) Illinois and our first exhibit hall is titled "First in War" and chronicles the Big Red One from WW I to WW II and then to Vietnam. We are very careful to tell guests that the First Infantry Division was never deployed to Korea and they were in West Germany at the time (and Fort Riley). The second exhibit hall is entitled "Duty First" and is mission based for the First Infantry Division from after Vietnam to the present. They have exhibits for Deterrence, Peacekeeping, etc. and showcase the division after 1970. Iraq War and Afghanistan are in there. They have a simulated Blackhawk helicopter that is doing a counterinsurgency mission and a tank battle in Kuwait with real audio of the battle from the tankers and graphics of the battle on a screen where you wear VR goggles. There are First Infantry Division Soldier's Stories from real Veterans of the First Division and I am one of these stories. It's an interactive kiosk where I talk about several facets of my service from 1973 to 1975.

BTW - I gave my Mossberg away to my daughter and son-in-law.

Last edited:
Then perhaps he was reassigned or transferred later.

But, I have no reason to doubt or question what he has told me about some of where he served.

Probably reassigned after Korea. I’m sure you have no doubt about the veracity of your friend and I was not implying that what he told you was untrue. Just wanted to point out that the 1ID was not in Korean Conflict. Sounds like he had a wonderful career and was really accomplished as a CSM!

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN!
index.php

Back