• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Illinois

MrDan

Copper BB
Hi to the group,
I just picked up a Mossberg MVP LR last week. Went out and shot it yesterday. I've got the Vortex Diamondback 3x9x40 scope for it....seems to work fine. My first bolt action rifle, so I probably got a little learning curve. My groups were at a little over an inch or so at 100 yds. The only thing I would like to mention is that the bolt action seemed a little stiff to work, maybe because it's new and has to get broken in a bit? Otherwise, I'm real happy with the rifle.

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new Mossy.

Welcome from MI!!!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Welcome aboard!

In many cases, a stiff bolt can be due to excess pressure from a new magazine spring pushing the next round up into the bottom of the bolt. If the bolt is well lubed and moves freely with the mag removed, then this is likely the case. Leaving the mags fully loaded between range visits will help compress the springs a bit. If the bolt is still stiff moving in and out of battery with the mag removed, then it is likely just the result of tight machining tolerances and should wear in with a little use.

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your MVP LR. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Howdy MrDan, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions.

ripjack13

Back