• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Inland Empire, SoCal

SoCal Choppas

.270 WIN
Hi all,

Recently acquired a brand new 930 SPX (Non-PG). This is my first Mossberg, but not my first shotgun. I also had a Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical Shotgun with PG and LPA GRS.

So far I like that the 930 SPX, is more comfortable to shoot then the Benelli; I guess because the Mossberg is Gas Operated vs Benelli is recoil operated. The Benelli is also an early version without the comfortech stock and kicks like a mule. They both share the same LPA GRS.

With regard to fit and finish the Benelli wins hands down, but at the cost of one Benelli...I could buy a 930SPX and a 590A1.

Something I'm not happy about is after taking out the 930SPX for the first time and shooting about 150 rounds of mixed Low Recoil Slugs, Reg and low recoil 00 Buck, and general use birdshot/clay ammo (Which all shot flawlessly). I dismantled the shotgun for a general cleaning and inspection to find the magazine tube to get a ridge and scratch.

IMG_4407.JPG

the ridge/burr is deep enough to catch my finger nail and is where the gas piston would be. Anyone else have this issue?

The other thing that bugs me, the GRS rear sight is almost maxed out to the leftside of the windage adjustment.
IMG_4456.JPG

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum SoCal Choppas !!

Sorry I can't help you diagnose your problem, as I don't own a 930SPX...but given half a chance, others here will weigh in with an opinion... ( ya just gotta be patient bro... ;) )

No kiddin'...and what are ya doing on the left coast ?! (...besides living large in paradise ! )... :cool:

Been out there more than a few times for the DoD...

Riverside County...San Bernardino County...

Palm Springs...Twentynine Palms...Yucca Valley...CSU

What's yer 10-20 ?

Welcome to Mossberg Owners SoCal!!!

I'm in the same posistion, I dont own the 930, and while I have a couple ideas, I'll let the more knowledable guide.

Something that may help in the meantime, you can try searching something like "930 grs" on this site and see what it yields. Theres a ton of info in the 930 section! It may also help in diagnostics to know when your 930 was made, or what generation it is.

Welcome SoCal;

I grew up in the center of the Inland Empire (Colton) and it has grown a little... :lol:

Nice shotgun! I am sorry I can't help with any ideas on your problem... :(

But, I hope you find the answers....

Have fun and shoot straight and safe.

Lateck,

SoCal Choppas said:
moved out for work...I now live in Highland, CA..about 40mins West of Palm Springs

Very nice...small world !!

Enjoy the site...Rep sent ;)

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any other firearms you own the various sub-forums. I'm sure we'll be able to help you out with your issue once a few of the 930 crowd sign on. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions.

Enjoy the site!

Here are some of my other hardware:

1501330849_91dc609b0e_z.jpg

HK SL8 .223 with G36 Dual Site carry handle
Ruger 22/45 made for Steel Rimfire Challenge
Walther P99 .40s&w
Sig Sauer P226 9mm

1501331139_9967af77c0.jpg

Browning Buckmark Rifle .22lr

2307221058_1b0edc0d3e_z.jpg

Ruger 10/22 Custom .22lr
Ruger DSP Stock
Power Customs Competition Trigger Kit
Power Customs Titanium Mag Release
Ruger Magnum Bolt Handle Mod
Majestic Arms Aluma-Lite 0.920 .22 lr Barrel
Fujinon 4-12 x 42mm Scope

Howdy and welcome to the club from a former left coaster. (Sunland,CA)

Welcome aboard Choppas! Some great looking gear you got there. Really diggin that HK SL8. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. One of us should be able to help or point you in the right direction.

Dude, really glad to see you joining up. And quite the nice collection of firearms. Every one is quite unique and distinctive. I think you'll not only fit right in, but have lots to contribute. And that goes for stuff other than Mossberg guns. This is a pretty eclectic and diverse group of members with lots of hobbies and interests.

Welcome Aboard!

Yea...pretty eclectic assortment of firearms...

That Browning Buckmark rifle is sharp !!

Back