• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from mid. State N C

tws3

Bought my first gun when I was 15 years old. A single shot 410. $20 at a hardware store. That will give you an idea how old I am. Back then you could walk into about any hardware and a lot of department stores and put down your money and walk out with a long gun or handgun, No hassle. I've not been without a gun since. I've owned several Mossbergs over the years but not in the last few. My hobby is finding old beat up, abused, stuck back in the corner and forgotten single shot 410 and 22s. Try to fix them up and shooting again.
With all the craziness going on today I thought it would be a good idea to add a pump shotgun to my home defense. There were only two pumps to be had in my midsized town. One pump made in Turkey for $300 at the gun shop and a Mossberg 500a, 12 ga. At the pawn shop for the same price. To be honest I thought the Mossberg was a little overpriced. But, I know Mossberg and I don't know Turkey. So the Mossberg it was. Turns out to be a nice gun. No regrets. Now it turns out that my next project gun is a Mossberg 42b , bolt action 22.
Anyway, Hello Everyone. Glad to be here.

Welcome! And $300 wasn't a bad price if it was in good condition, given the current market situation. Yes it's high, historically speaking, but these have become hard to find. The 500 is a great gun. What barrels do you have?

Welcome! And $300 wasn't a bad price if it was in good condition, given the current market situation. Yes it's high, historically speaking, but these have become hard to find. The 500 is a great gun. What barrels do you have?
It came with the 18.5 and 28inch barrel. The 28 came with a full Accu choke installed. It is a nice gun and good condition. Like I said, In this town I only had two choices. A new shotgun made in turkey that I never heard of before or the used 500. I don't know Turkey but I do know Mossberg. I happy with the gun.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
index.php

Looking forward to seeing some gun pix from you.

Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...
Cheers!
:cheers:

Welcome from the other Washington. Can’t vouch for any of them,but Mossberg, Weatherby, CZ, Stevens and Stoeger all have shotguns built in Turkey.. I’ll stick with my shockwave..lol

Back