• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Southern California

S.R. Crawford

.270 WIN
Yep you read that right. I was born and raised behind enemy lines near LA yet I remain a staunch conservative, much to the chagrin of a lot of people I don't talk to. And believe me: I don't like our current governor any more than you do.
I just got my AS in Commercial Aviation from Mt. San Antonio College and in a few weeks I'll be shipping out to Basic Training at MCRD San Diego. My MOS is 0861 Field Artillery Scout and in a few years God willing I'll be a JTAC.
With California gun laws being how they are I need to make my weapon choices carefully. I like shotguns because they're cheap(er) and easily the most versatile platform available. My dad owns a few guns for the family, A 20ga Remington 870 Express plus a few .22s and my grandfather's heirloom 16ga Winchester Model 12 bought new in about 1950, it has the silkiest action of any gun I've ever handled. I own a 12ga Mossberg 500 I primarily use for hunting and trap. I like upgrading and working on stuff so I've added some parts to it, plus things are getting a little dicey in LA.

IMG_20200912_133736.jpg

28" vent ribbed barrel, Hivis green fiber optic bead, Choate foregrip, and a few shell carriers allow me to store an extra 16 rounds on the gun. The sling is just some nylon I had lying around that I attached some slide keepers to, I wasn't expecting it to work as well as it does but it distributes pressure pretty evenly on my shoulder.

I've been lurking for a few weeks and there's a lot of good information on here so I decided I might as well join.

Cheers!

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN, @S.R. Crawford.

I got in to the same fields as you did, except backwards. I went to Advanced Artillery School in Ft. Sill in the mid-60s. Then I got myself assigned to the aviation detachment in SE Asia. That got my aviation career started. That worked out just great!

index.php

Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...
Cheers!
:cheers:

Back