• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Vermont

VTBuck110

Copper BB
Hello Mossbergers;

Longtime Mossberg shotgun owner, figured I'd jump on this site. Way back when I viewed Mossbergs as clunkers, best suited to be used as beaters to shoot and hunt with. Over the course of time I've grown to appreciate what a solid, functional, dependable firearm they are. It seems like I was always stumbling across a used 500 in nice shape for $100. I'd pick one up, use it for a bit and then pass it on to a friend or family member. I gave one to my nephew when he was 20 or so. He's in his 40's now and still uses it. Apparently he likes it so much that he borrowed another 500 from me and refuses to give it back! And it seems like whenever somebody new to firearms asked me about buying a first time gun, I'd steer them toward a Mossberg pump. Decently priced, well made and solid as a rock. Around 1986 or so I purchased my first new 500. Camo combo, 20 inch barrel with choke tubes and a rifled slug barrel. A buddy and I both bought them at the same time. I got mine for ducks and turkeys and used it like a mule because I didn't want to baby my "duck" gun. I think we paid $209 for the combo, which included 3 choke tubes as well as the slug barrel with sights. I couldn't break that gun, and purposely only cleaned it once a year, whether it needed it or not. It is a battle scarred warrior that I still use regularly. One of these days I'm going to take a buck with that slug barrel. Right now I'm almost embarrassed to say I'd have to do an inventory to give you an accurate count of how many 500s are in my battery. Plus that damn nephew keeps trying to deplete my supply.

A few months ago I started to obsess about the Shockwave. Looking online, reading reviews, watching videos. I kept trying to talk myself out of getting one, only to find myself watching Youtube late into the night. I asked my LGS about checking one out, but apparently they kept selling them pretty quick. One day I went in and they had one in stock. My out was that I inquired if they could get it in 20ga, rather than 12. I was told a week or so later that they expected to get a 20 in at some point. I told them "Nah. I've thought a lot about it. It seems pretty impractical. I'm out, but thanks for checking guys." All the while I'm getting bags under my eyes from doing "research" late night into early morning.

Last week was my birthday. My wife gives me a nice card, a few books, and a couple of other things. Sweet, right? About 45 minutes later she says that she forgot to give me something. She brings out this box, wrapped in gift paper. I am mentally guessing, having no idea what it could be. When I open it, there sits a 20 gauge Shockwave. I was floored, I couldn't even speak. She was laughing hysterically because I'm not a guy that is easy to get over on. Up until now, that is.

So, here I am. I'm not normally this long winded, especially in an intro like this. I know I'm gonna have some fun here, and learn a lot. One thing I have learned over the years is that Mossberg make an iconically great American product. Made in the USA to be used, like a Buck knife, or a Harley Davidson.

AND...... I know that not everyone here will think it "silly" to lust after a Shockwave!

Congratulations and welcome.

Make sure to give your wife a kiss and thank her for being so awesome.

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new Mossy.

Welcome the MOSSBERG Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

:cheers:
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere....
Your wife is keeper!!! :gift:
ripjack13

:welcome:

Thanks, all. Really glad to be here. Having some fun with the Shockwave. Looking forward to the weather warming up and getting a bit more proficient. Not planning on doing much to mine, except I got Pro Mag raised safety. Still can't figure why the boys at Mossberg keep going with that plastic safety.

Wife is the best. Still can't believe that she did that, and it really impressed the guys at my LGS!

I tell her every day: out of all my wives, she's my favorite............

Welcome from MI!!

Back