• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello! Here's my Lucy!

V09

.22LR
Yes! I named my Mossberg Lucy! She's my very first firearm. During the 10 day waiting period, I have decided to up grade with the Magpul SGA stock do to easy access to the safety button with my thumb. It will be defeat my purpose to choose the stock with pistol grip. Although there are so many great designs are available. Anyways, any suggestion for the next upgrade will greatly appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Cheers,

IMG_2159.jpg

Last edited:
That's OK. Name it whatever you want.

I love Lucy.

1InMT-1476473294-1187-blog-Header.png

Anyways, any suggestions....

Get training
Adhere to the safe handling of firearms - treat as if loaded at all times, finger off the trigger until ready to fire, know your target and whats beyond, never point it at anything you're not willing to destroy.
Get training
Get Training
GET TRAINING

I shoot competitively and I still get training every year on various firearm platforms. Knowing your firearm and the proper use will increase your abilities to defend yourself or be competitive under pressure.

To add to watermonkeys reply, lots of shells for it. I know being in kalifornia isn't as easy now as it was 3 years ago, but unless you want to use it as a club, whatever amount of shells you are able to buy a month, put some back when you can.

Get training
Adhere to the safe handling of firearms - treat as if loaded at all times, finger off the trigger until ready to fire, know your target and whats beyond, never point it at anything you're not willing to destroy.
Get training
Get Training
GET TRAINING

I shoot competitively and I still get training every year on various firearm platforms. Knowing your firearm and the proper use will increase your abilities to defend yourself or be competitive under pressure.

I agree with you 200%! I have scheduled a class coming up next month...and the next level as needed!
Thank you for your input. Very much appreciated!

Cheers,

To add to watermonkeys reply, lots of shells for it. I know being in kalifornia isn't as easy now as it was 3 years ago, but unless you want to use it as a club, whatever amount of shells you are able to buy a month, put some back when you can.

We'll do! Thank you!

Great looking shotgun! Shoot it as often as you can!

Thank you! After so many hours of research online, I've found this particular model with a forend similar with the 930 (I wish). It doesn't have that usual rib forend like other 500 models. I was really happy with the tag less than $300.00 plus tax.

While I'm not in the habit of naming guns (or cars), When I hear "Lucy" I think of the full name "Lucille" and this comes to mind... ;)

Attachments

• lucy.jpg
    lucy.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: V09
While I'm not in the habit of naming guns (or cars), When I hear "Lucy" I think of the full name "Lucille" and this comes to mind... ;)
LOL...For me? Everytime when I hear "Lucille" and this man and his "Gibson Lucille" come to mind...RIP, The Real King!

bbkLucille.jpg

. Anyways, any suggestion for the next upgrade will greatly appreciated.
One of the first things I did too with my 590 was swap out the stock for the SGA Magpul. The LOP on the OEM stock was a bit to long for me. Also installed a Magpul 870 adapter which allowed me to install a Limb Saver recoil pad. Really softens the perceived recoil. Another thing you can do is replace the OEM safety switch with something like the Promag safety switch. I also replaced the forend grip with a Hogue grip. You could upgrade the magazine follower with something like a Or3gun aluminum follower if you wish. Ha, the first thing I thought of when you said you named it Lucy, was Negan's baseball bat he had named Lucille.

Reactions: V09
Thanks Ghmann! That was the first I've noticed that the Mossberg stock was too long for me too. So I have replaced it with the Magpul SGA. I will take the extra spacer length to the range with me next week for testing and add on according to my comfort zone. The follower and safety switch are on the list. I've ordered the tri rail forearm from Mossberg and it's on the way. The thought of Negan's baseball bat did not come to my mind, but that would be also a perfect fit for Lucy! Thank you for input and very much appreciated!

Cheers,
:cheers:

Magpul_01.jpg

Last edited:
Back