• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Help with assembly!

I was taking my new 930 apart and got everything cleaned and lubed but when I went to reassemble something bad happened.

This lil guy pops out from where looks to be the magazine sleeve on the barrel maybe from in front of the blue spring. Idk tho any experts out there that can tell me what this is and where it goes.
pu4yvete.jpg
a9u2abem.jpg

I don't own a 930,,,,,thought this might help you,,,,,

Attachments

• Mossberg 930 diagram.JPG
    Mossberg 930 diagram.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 523
  • Mossberg 930 Parts.JPG
    Mossberg 930 Parts.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 522
Looks like your gas piston seal ring #27... Not al 930's have one. But I'd also check my gas piston just to make sure it's not one of the seal rings that's pressed on by the factory( #26)

I wonder if that part is vital to the operation of the firearm. Reason I ask is because that same part would come out with the piston when I disassembled the gun and i always just put it on the piston and reassemble the gun. Well, today I ran into an issue, I dissembled the gun and that little guy was stuck and kind of kattywompus in the gas system lugs. I was expecting it to be loose and free, I was under the impression that it was the gas seal (part #27) so I used some needle nose pliers and pulled on that sucker until it broke loose, it literally broke. So now I ask is that wasn't part #27 what part is it and is it vital?

Landon7887...Would you be able to post some pics of where exactly that ring would be installed? I am getting a replacement and would like to know where it goes. I thank you very much!

Hey there, newb from northern GA. Great forum here, lotsa valuable info. :) Just purchased a new SPX Blackwater last week, cleaned the hell out of it and lubed it before the first time I took it to the range. Today I took it out a second time trying to break it in with heavy load slugs, no problems thus far.

Went to clean it tonight and the same thing happened to me - that little ring fell out of what appeared to be the northern end of the the gas port (at the very top end) connected to the barrel. Thought I found the groove to put it back in, so I did. Went to reassemble my gun and the damned barrel would consistently hang up on that ring, and it (ring) kept sliding around in & out of the groove. Spent about 45 minutes trying to seat my barrel to no avail....... then finally gave up and removed the ring. My barrel then seated very easily. I dunno, maybe I was trying to put it (the culprit ring) in the wrong place? I have noticed that it is a bear to get my barrel reattached the three times I've had it apart for cleaning thus far

My question is how vital to the operation of the gas system is this little troublemaker ring? I don't want to send it back to Mossberg with my barrel and tie up my gun for weeks.......I'd just as soon bring it to a local smith for such a simple procedure that's frustrating the hell outta me! :oops:

ocinsomniac...did you install according to the info I posted? Would you describe the process? If possible would you be able to take pics?

I located it's slotted position by Not_A_Lama's pic (that you posted a link to) of where it is located in the southern end of the gasport -

http://i.imgur.com/a1k4A.jpg

It popped right in without any problem, didn't even need a needle nose pliers to place it. Apparently it stayed where it belongs because my barrel was easy to install afterwards, was having trouble mounting the gasport over the mag tube beforehand.

The reason I was having trouble with this ring after it originally dropped out was because I was looking for a slot to place it on the muzzle end of the gasport........that's where I observed it falling out the other day.

If your ring is not all bent out of shape you shouldn't have any problem.........but I wanna put some rounds through mine this week and make sure all is ok and it stays where it is supposed to. This ring dilemma happened to me the other day when I was cleaning out the gasport and gas piston.
tgarza said:
ocinsomniac...did you install according to the info I posted? Would you describe the process? If possible would you be able to take pics?

OK, so the warranty replacement part came today and snapped right in. The part is item number 16867BL and is called "m935/930 pressure ring seal ring blue". I didn't have the courage to shoot it without this part, but I'm pretty sure function wouldn't have been affected. Didn't take pics because pics would have been the same as the pics in this thread.

Idk why but I just received these notifications via email... I'm sorry I didn't get back to you guys I thought this thread was long gone!

I'm glad everyone got the info and parts they needed!(no thanks to me[DISAPPOINTED FACE])

Back