• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Help with gun purchase

DEAN BUFFINGTON

Supporter
I have really taken a hard look at the Mossberg 930 spx & I like it and i'am very close to pulling the trigger on it. There have been a lot of problembs with this gun in the past but I believe it now is a solid gun & just wanted other opinions before I make this purchase. Also Bud's gun shop has this shotgun & it is tan in color & I really like the tan for some reason. They also have black if I choose to buy that color. I have never dealt with Bud's before & are they & reputable gun shop for this purchase. I want it for home protection & i'am looking at a lot of goodies for it. I have watched a ton of video's on this gun & seen a lot of bad but a lot of good also. I could buy anything I like but this Mossberg looks like a great gun for the price & by the way Bud's price is $809.00. I'am very close to doing this & have joined this great group of Mossberg owners to help me make this important decision & I appreciate everyone's opinion. Thank you

I bought an uzi clone from buds.

They charge extra for paying with other than a money order or cash. They don't ship slow, but they don't really get in a hurry either. I would call their shipping time reasonable (few days processing).

I also know a guy who put a vepr on layaway with them, and after he got it paid off, they cancelled the order because vepr's had been banned from import and they either sold the gun he had in layaway, or they didn't have it in stock and couldn't source one once he paid it off. Either way, that was crappy. He could've bought one from somewhere else and actually received what he had paid for.

You can probably find it cheaper than $809 though.

Here's a black one from buds for $650'ish.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/52355/Firearms/Shotguns/Mossberg/Mossberg 930SPX 12g 18.5 8SH CB GRS MAT

another $650
https://grabagun.com/msbrg-930spx-12-18-5-7rd-mbl-syn-grs.html

I have not bad any problem with Buds. A local FFL is registerred there so it is one click shopping.

I also think $809 is a bit high.

I bought my SPX back in the day years ago when there were “problems” with the gun. I still have not run into an issue. You might be able to find a better price. A regular SPX around me runs $750 out the door and that includes $60 in sales tax. A little higher if your talking the SPX extreme version but I would stay away from any piston grip version. One of the best characteristics of a mossy is the safety location. If you get a pistol grip you loose the easibility of using the tang mounted safety.

I bought the 930spx today & thanks to all who replied to my questions. My decision to buy this shotgun was solely based on this forum & all the great things they had to say about this gun. I watched a lot of video's on this shotgun & it is one bad boy to say the least. I bought it at Buds & I feel good about them. They have been around a long time. I will be doing a lot of upgrades & probably asking for a lot of advice from the experts. Thanks to all

Congrats on your purchase.

Keep us posted as you progress with it

Your looking at the Coyote Tan model 85223 which is an SPX tactical which goes for what you paid right now. Is this the model you ended up getting? I think you will be happy. I bought the same model and paid about $810 almost a year ago exactly. I sent it out last month due to the front sight post being canted and ejection problems with low brass. Check to ensure you have none of the problems and other than that enjoy the shit out of her. Oh yeah check out OR3GUN.

Back