• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Here We Go...Oregon Gov. To Refuse Troop Request

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
It will be interesting how this will play out if she actually gets the call to send troops to the Mexican border. I personally am a believer in Posse Comitatus but I don't consider guarding our border as domestic law enforcement.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/or...mexico-border/ar-AAvuNbk?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

If you haven't been following, this got started with a convoy of 1000 Honduran's making their way through Mexico to demand entry into the U.S.

http://www.worldtribune.com/trump-i...backs-easter-convoy-of-illegals-headed-north/

If I lived closer, I would volunteer my time, provided I was allowed to defend myself.

In my opinion, securing our borders is long overdue. Even with force as needed.

John, I completely agree with both of the sentiments that you noted. Sadly neither party seems to think securing it is an issue. In fact, when W. Bush was elected I thought it would be secured. Who better than a former governor of Texas would know the problems that it makes for the border states and their citizens? His lack of doing anything started me on a lot of questions regarding the republican party. I have not liked the answers that I found. I do think Trump will force something though. At least I hope he does.

Trump/Congress should cut funds to OR and any other state (sanctuary for example) that fails to uphold the constitution.

I think the whole "troops on the border" proposal is a giant case of chest puffery with hands tied behind backs. :rolleyes: I'm hearing that the troops will be unarmed? WTF is that! :mad: I think an even bigger deterrent than the wall would be a pile of dead bodies... ;)

In related news, I heard a typical NPR gushy piece this morning making a "victim" out an MS-13 gang member caught in Long Island. His story is related to the 2 girls who got murdered as mentioned by Trumpy during the SOTU speech. Apparently when and if he get released by ICE and/or is deported back to El Salvador, he will be killed by MS-13 for being a snitch. Keep in mind that gang initiation had this young man (19?) kill someone when he was 12-13yo in ES. Am I the only one without a lick of sympathy here? Just let MS-13 take out their own trash...

Back