• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Heritage combo 179.00

Well I'm telling you, it's going to be like the wild west again in California, now that they've legalized it.

Being a Libertarian I can't really say I am against this, but that does not mean I see it as a good thing.

Unless you go hang out in San Francisco and up-and-down small coastal towns in California, you don't realize what a big population of burned-out homeless drug addicts we have loafing around.

Right now the govt is trying to come up with billions of dollars to house these people, in a state with the highest housing costs in the freaking Nation except maybe Hawaii and DC.

As soon as they have set up all the official rules and licensed delivery Systems, legal dope is going to become a reality in California.

I think you're going to see a real increase in auto accidents & a huge increase in insurance costs. Police & jail cost for minor drug enforcement might go down. Tax revenue will surely go way up, which is how we will raise those billions to house burned-out drug addicts.

It's like Soylent Green where you feed people to each other. We will use the taxes paid by the new young drug addicts to pay for the housing on the burned-out ones who can't pay taxes anymore.
Very well put Cadd. The pure wasted talent and lost potential of bright young minds disturbs me most. But like papa said if your gonna be dumb you better be tough.

Now that I think about it, things might not change quite so radically as I expect and this is why.

I have been told by my doctor, that to get a medical marijuana card all you have to do is go to certain known doctors, and tell them you have insomnia, that you tried other pills and they don't work or they make you sick. They give you a prescription and then you can buy it legally.

Millions of Californians already have them.

You can't legally smoke it in public but of course people here have been smoking in public illegally forever, so I don't see that as changing much either.

One of my big problems with the whole thing is, I don't want to see my grandkids growing up on the stuff. The world is already so distracting and demanding, it is difficult enough for them to get things done now.

Being a Libertarian I can't really say I am against this, but that does not mean I see it as a good thing.

It's like Soylent Green where you feed people to each other. We will use the taxes paid by the new young drug addicts to pay for the housing on the burned-out ones who can't pay taxes anymore.

I too, am a Libertarian but more capitalistic. Tax MJ just like alcohol and nicotine. It needs to be moved to a lower (higher-numbered) classification Federally by the DEA so states that do "legalize" it do not run afoul of Federal law. Class III would be just about right. One problem I see are the number of whitehairs in Congress that have their nearly-senile heads up their butts including the USAG! :mad: Alcohol and tobacco kills zillions more per year than pot and I think that trend would go down if pot were legalized. PLUS, the fact that SOME dealers of pot also offer other drugs would be diminished by its legalization. "Pushers" would be a thing of the past. Que Steppenwolf...

I am a huge supporter of Soylent Green (AND Orange) for welfare recipients--instead of the SNAP program it will be the SLAP program! :D (SoyLent Assistance Program)

Last edited:
I think you're missing the disconnect here between taxation and pushers. Legalization is not going to make marijuana less expensive in California.

If you're going to be taxing the stuff then people are going to "moonshine!"

Legal? Well no but that part of the business is not going to really change. In spite of a very loose medical marijuana program here lots of people growing & selling illegally, and making a fortune and that's just not going to change.

Plus you're going to have hijacks and ripoffs just like the cigarette smuggling business.

My buddy has been on the eradication task force here for years. The unofficial Sheriff's estimates of what's really going on in this County are far higher than what you're going to see published officially.

OFF TOPIC...!?

I'll say... :rolleyes:

Came back to check the thread on Heritage Firearms Deal...found Mary Jane was the new topic.

DJ's thread...so...OK...carry on.

LOL i love off topic i live off topic. Hell i actually learned something i had no idea the librarians liked guns !!! I have a new tolerance now.

OFF TOPIC...!?

I'll say... :rolleyes:

Came back to check the thread on Heritage Firearms Deal...found Mary Jane was the new topic.

DJ's thread...so...OK...carry on.

Ok, let me modify a quote from my post above to bring it back OT... ;)

"Alcohol and tobacco kills zillions more per year than pot OR HERITAGE .22 SINGLE ACTIONS and I think that trend would go down if pot were legalized." :D

Bobster...always going that extra mile !!

Thanks Bob...you can light up now.

Well personally I support your right to brew or grow or distill whatever the hell you want.

Also I Reserve our right to shoot you down if you OD and go crazy by your own hand.

Okay that sounds a bit harsh, and friends, I am no hard drinking man, but I am no teetotaler.

So if I go crazy and start creating Mayhem please shoot me dead.

Well personally I support your right to brew or grow or distill whatever the hell you want.

Also I Reserve our right to shoot you down if you OD and go crazy by your own hand.

Okay that sounds a bit harsh, and friends, I am no hard drinking man, but I am no teetotaler.

So if I go crazy and start creating Mayhem please shoot me dead.
I like the way you think cadd. In fact you and bobster mentioned libertarian i thought oh lord here we go. Then i thought we have a pretty distinct common interest. I should educate myself abit. Did some studying at the libertarian website and elsewhere im a knowledge hound. Dont tell anyone but I think I may be one to. LOL
Im pretty much leave me alone I leave you alone. Let natural selection do its thing without interference and things will be better long term.

Bobster...always going that extra mile !!

Thanks Bob...you can light up now.

If you're buying, I'm frying! ;)

No, I don't smoke the stuff anymore, and when I did, I didn't inhale... :rolleyes:

My kids are trying it on occasion and I could be the strict dad and preach about the perils of the "devil's weed" but instead I try to enlighten them about the potential health issues with it and the benefits of moderation, especially with the high-powered stuff on the market now.

I actually know who one of my kids gets it from (she told me and not under duress) and I've pulled him aside without anyone knowing, looked him in the eye and told him if he ever gave my kid anything else other than pot I would slit his throat and his body would probably never be found. He assured me that all he did was pot and I believed him. He is the BFF's sister's BF and lives with the family, not that I would EVER allow that with my dot, but the father is a decent good ol' boy and I don't think he would allow a dirtbag to live under roof...

Last edited:
Did some studying at the libertarian website and elsewhere im a knowledge hound. Dont tell anyone but I think I may be one to. LOL
Im pretty much leave me alone I leave you alone.

They do have a short "QUIZ" you can take to see where you stand on issues... Hit "cancel" on the pop-up to see your "score". I disagree with many of the Libertarian Party's positions such as on the death penalty (I am FOR it) but if I had to choose a party, they would be it. As I am in a closed primary state, I am registered as a Republican so I can vote in the primaries.

If I were to be a "One Topic" voter it would be guns--I give great weight to the NRA-ILA's candidate ratings and just about all my reps are "good" guys and gals. You can tell a lot from a candidate on their stand on gun rights. Just need to get rid of Senile-ator Nelson next year and we'll be doing good!

Although I DID/DO like Gov. Johnson, his choice of Gov. Weld for VP was a poor one. And the one local candidate for State Rep I had the opportunity to vote for about 10 years ago came across as a complete looniebin in the debate! I think he might have gotten 2% of the vote in the end...

Well I don't agree with the libertarian platform 100% nor do I agree 100% with the platform of any political party.

I just couldn't vote for another rino. I couldn't vote for the status quo.

Anyhow I found them the least offensive and most viable of the alternative third parties.

From the time I could first vote, early 70s, I was an independent. I always tried to vote for the person I thought would do the best job for the people. By the mid 90s I switched to the Republicans because I believed jobs and responsibility were more important than handouts and excuses. I still believe that to this day.

Like Cadd said, I don't agree 100% with any party. There certainly are a lot of Republicans I would like to see replaced as well as Democrats. Now that Trump is president we are seeing a phenomenon never before heard of. The judges are actually using things he said as a candidate to make rulings now that he is president, and not on the merits of the action itself. Of course again, the media is more than happy to bring up things he said as candidate Trump, which they made fun of then, instead what he actually wants to accomplish.

Trump has exposed the establishment to America as no one before him. There is a movement, with no limits I think, to get ride of him. To me this is an overt attempt to overthrow the sitting president by the usual suspects.

Pot IS a Gateway Drug...seen it get my one brother into booting heroin before he died...

Seen his friends do the same...then get into robbing houses and finally armed robbery...just to support their habits.

And I grew up in a middle class neighborhood...not some ghetto with pushers on every corner.

You can't tell ME anything different !!

So...believe what YOU want...and I will go with MY experiences.

Some folks can't handle modern life, and they always do even worse on pot or booze. I have seen people go both ways on this stuff. Some lead normal lives and some wind up on Skid Row. Some become president. Lots of them get elected to our state government. You can see how that's turning out.

15 miles SW from here is the bad side of Fresno. 90% of the violent crime in the county happens there. 90% of that is related to drugs and 90% of that is the black market marijuana industry.

That works out to about three-quarters of all the crime in the county, and it is huge. My buddy flew the county marijuana patrol spotter plane, and they uncover huge fields all over. This is a big county: bigger than Connecticut. Bigger than New Jersey minus the swamp. You can hide a lot here. They claim one house in 4 in the county has some involvement. I don't know what effect legalization will have on that, but it's a fact in CA now.

If every pot plant in California died today, I know what effect that would have. There would be a major economic depression tomorrow. I also think half the elected government would be going crazy too. Clearly, most of them inhale.

Pot IS a Gateway Drug...seen it get my one brother into booting heroin before he died...

Sorry about your brother... :(

Pot is only a gateway drug because many of the same people that sell it sell other drugs. (ie: pusher) By putting pot in "dispensaries", it is now one drug under one roof and regulated. The dealer is just being a capitalist and increasing sales by offering other products to his/her consumers. And NO, I'm not trying to glamorize drug dealers! It is simply Economics 101.

Referring to Cadd's post above, the reason there is a black market is because of the Law of Supply and Demand. Increase legal supply and the demand for illegal pot diminishes. And this new product can now be taxed and provide revenue for the various entities taxing it. The black market WILL continue to exist because they will be able to sell untaxed pot at a lower price. But many of the fields of greenbud in CA will now become "legal" farms and no longer supply the black market. And think of the savings to law enforcement not having to look for or destroy such crops.

It is foolish in this day and age for pot to be "illegal" and a Class I drug. Decriminalize it and allow the free market to capitalize on it (or not). Otherwise, Alcohol and Nicotine should be outlawed immediately and put into the same class pot is (ie: no medicinal use).

Spent some time in Suadi back when. What a jacked up place unless your a shiek of course. But they had one thing down pat no drug problem. Get caught with drugs loose your head on following Saturday. Start lopping off heads problem goes away pretty quick. Im a live and let live guy as long as it doesnt harm others drugs harm others period.

Back