• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi new here and 88 owner

Well as I said the biggest concern I have about putting on a tactical stock is having to remove it so that I can remove the trigger assembly for cleaning. If that's a must then I'll forget about the tactical stock. From the serial number, MV056XX, anyway to know when it was made?

The tactical stock I have needs to come off to get the trigger group out. Then I went and put a saddle mount for my sight so instead of pins I have screws. Can't make it much more difficult than that and it's still only 30-45 at the table to disassemble, clean and lube, and reassemble at a casual pace. I've jobbed it in 10 minutes but I don't like short cutting my habitually anal inspections too often.

Mine is a little more awkward to disassemble too because of the non-traditional forend and magazine tube that is not actually a magazine any more.KIMG0168.jpeg

If I don't hear from the original 88 owner soon about my new 18.5" barrel I'm just going to take the 28" barrel to a gun smith and have him cut it to say 20". Since it's a ribbed barrel just have to make sure it's cut right at one of the ribs.

If I don't here from the original 88 owner soon I'm just going to take the 28" barrel to a gun smith and have him cut it to 20"

If I don't hear from the original 88 owner soon I'm just going to take the 28" barrel to a gun smith and have him cut it to 20".

Thanks. After reading some reviews online and comments here I've decided to get a tactical stock. I can't afford to buy one right now but will shortly. I've decided on the Phoenix Technology Mossberg Maverick 88 12 Gauge Tactical Shotgun Conversion Kit Recoil Reduction Buttstock Stock mainly because of the recoil reduction system. I'm 68yo so the 40-50 recoil reduction will be helpful. Already ordered a 6-round Sidesaddler for it. Once I get everything setup I'll try to post some pictures but haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Back