1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

History of Gun Rights in America - CSPAN3 10pm 10/9

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Scoop, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

Historian Patrick Charles and Samford University Law professor Brannon Denning discuss the history of the 2nd amendment and gun control legislation.
    meanstreak and Bobster like this.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Well, how did it go?

Should I be surprised at the overall outcome?
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Dang it, I missed this post.
  4. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

From the brief portion I watched before I fell asleep I can tell you that it was somewhat tame and unbiased. Just a couple lawyers talking about Heller and legal implications/history and one of them was pushing a book for sale. Originally aired in Feb.
  5. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Scoop likes this.
  6. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

@meanstreak
    Check the CSPAN3 schedule. I think this is going to air a few more times in the future.
    meanstreak and ripjack13 like this.
  7. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Forum Moderator Supporter

cool watching now
    meanstreak likes this.
  8. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Forum Moderator Supporter

ok watched with an opened mind. They had two contrasting members who were very respectful and spoke to their research very well.

What I didn't agree with the anti-heller guy was that he was ok with using intermediate scrutiny on the second but strict on the first because of overall "history" behind gun ownership and used public safety as a reason behind most of his arguments and "common sense".

OK. While he did identify in his closing argument that the common sense he was referring to had to be back by facts and not summarily disarming people just to disarm the people. I think he fails to take into consideration the "public safety" use in intermediate scrutiny was, in fact, used to summarily disarm the people in various states without any justification or fact based approach to show an increase in public safety based on certain bans.
    John A. and meanstreak like this.
  9. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Thanks Scoop. I'll check that.