• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

HiViz Tactical Shotgun Sight

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
MPBTAC_large.jpg

MPBTAC_small.jpg

Snap on, tactical plain barrel shotgun sight. Includes litepipes in red, green, and orange. Fits all 12, 16, and 20 ga. shotguns without ventilated ribs. Designed to fit over extended shotgun magazine ring on the Remington 870s. Will also fit other model plain barrels. Sight has embedded spring steel for added durability!

p516598905-4.jpg

p515071179-4.jpg

p813097-4.jpg

p521612759-4.jpg

p4860421-4.jpg

p148345550-4.jpg

First Impressions: The fiber optic is HUGE (0.140" viewing diameter); when comparing it to the brass bead at the end of your barrel this fiber optic is a night and day difference in terms of visibility.

Installation: Installation was a breeze as you simply snap the HiViz Tactical Shotgun Sight in place behind your existing brass bead. There is a notched area on the muzzle end to keep it centered on the barrel. Removal is just as easy as installation. To change the fiber optic all you have to do is push out the old one (with a good amount of force) and slide in the color of your choice (red, green and orange).

Use: The HiViz Tactical Shotgun Sight gets the job done. If you are looking to add a fiber optic to your home defense shotgun but want to have the added reliability of keeping your brass bead then this is the product for you. I am a huge proponent of "keep it stupid simple" when it comes to home defense setups. I really wanted a fiber optic on the end of my Mossberg but I also wanted to retain my brass bead for its simplicity. By going with the HiViz Tactical Shotgun Sight I was able to achieve my needs. Now this product will certainly take a good amount of abuse as it is made by injection molded in a high impact, chemically resistant material that is reinforced with tempered spring steel. However there is a limit to how much abuse it will take although I have not found that point. When you do you will still have your brass bead as a back up.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm thinkin more and more I'm gonna try these with the rear fiber optic set up too! Looks good Dan, Thanks!

Yea I really like this HiViz Tactical Shotgun Sight so far. I have not been able to put it through a lot of abuse yet though. I want to do a front and rear fiber optic setup for turkey hunting this coming May, 1st.

Well, it seems the only fiber optic rear set up is for vent rib barrels. So if I do get something it will be the same as what you have there, though my daughter's .410 is a vent rib, so i may get her something.

That is on my Mossberg 500 with 18.5" barrel. I will get pictures of it installed on my Mossberg 930 when the 18.5" barrel arrives.

Cool! Thanks Dan, I'm gonna get one of these! I think it will be the last thing I put on my 590A1!!!

Rossignol said:
Cool! Thanks Dan, I'm gonna get one of these! I think it will be the last thing I put on my 590A1!!!
I think it will go great with your Mossberg 590A1

This looks good, could you tell me how long it is because I have the factory installed heatshield, nonremoveable, and am wondewring if i would fit. Thanks, Joe

That does look nice Doc !!

...where did you score yours !? ...website ?

:D A word of caution regarding using this product on the 590. I had one of these on my Maverick with the 18" barrel, and when I removed it and put it on my 590 it cracked right down the middle. I bought another one for my Win. 1300 Defender though and it worked fine, as well as the Maverick. It also works well on my 930 Security. Can anyone tell that I like combat shotguns?

Back