• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

HiViz Tactical Shotgun Sight

DHonovich said:
Was your 590 with the heavy walled barrel?

Yes it is. I'll show my ignorance here by saying that every 590 I've observed seemed to have a larger barrel diameter. My 590 is not an A1, or at least it was not sold to me as an A1. Maybe I don't know the difference

PirateMike said:
DHonovich said:
Was your 590 with the heavy walled barrel?

Yes it is. I'll show my ignorance here by saying that every 590 I've observed seemed to have a larger barrel diameter. My 590 is not an A1, or at least it was not sold to me as an A1. Maybe I don't know the difference

Hi PirateMike! On the left side of the receiver, does your shotgun say "590A1"? The A1 also has a metal trigger guard and metal safety.

Let us know what you find! ;)

It does not, however it has both a metal trigger guard, and a metal safety. On the bottom, to the front of the loading port, it simply says Mossberg 590, and it has a factory heat shield and bayonet lug. Now you have me wondering what I bought. BTW, it is parkerized. I bought it from a neighbor who is in law enforcement.

Some of the 590's are actually what is called "matte blued" rather than parkerized.

Did you buy it new or used?

Bought used from a neighbor. The reason I thought it was parkerized is the almost gray color, and the rough texture of the metal. I don't have anything else to compare it to however, so you may be right. The neighbor tells me that he bought it when he lived in Illinois from a dealer who specialized in police trade-ins, and he was told it came from a police department in Indiana, and seemed unfired in the box when he got it. I'm just happy to have it because I don't see too many for sale on the used market in my part of the country. I gave $325.00 for it a little over two years ago, and I think I got a bargain.

Yeah, def sounds like a good deal!

Sorry, I somehow missed where you said you got it used... silly me.

The only reason that may be important is if it was retro fittted from the department with the metal parts, or if its previous owner did it just cuz he wanted to. I think its possible, one of those scenarios if there is no mark that says 590A1. Though, OFM is entirely weird sometimes and puts out models that dont fit any advertised model number.

No mattter, excellent gun either way! :D

Well, got my Hiviz in the mail today from an ebay auction. Fits pretty snug, but there is some play between the boxed out cut on the Hiviz and the base of my blade style front sight. Also the top of my blade sight sits higher than the Hiviz, but it's definitely easier to pick up the front sight with it on! Would have gone and givin' it a test drive today, but when I got home the backyard was full of elk.:D So maybe tomoz?

Umm, shoot the elk! God made em out of meat so they would taste good! :D

Also, get pics man!!! I'm really interested in seein it with the blade sight! ;)

Okay, I got my eyes on you two :shock: Stay away from my elk :) Love being able to look out in my yard and see the locals hanging out.

Well, maybe just one...

LES, you know if i can be helpful, I'llk do it! ;)

Not the greatest pic's
1b.jpg

1a.jpg
Still haven't had time to go try it out yet.

I like that dude! Pics are fine, nice work, I appreciate ya gettin them up! ;)

Back