• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hogue Inc. OM Stocks and Grips Reviewed, Mossberg Compliant

Re: Hogue Inc. OM Stocks and Grips Reviewed, Mossberg Compli

Yep, you can def try the teflon tape and see if it helps!

You know what it actually sounds like, is if maybe the bolt isnt quite the right threading. Sometimes coarse threads and machine threads can vary a little, especially when some metrics are very close to American Standard TPI.

We'll find out this afternoon when I get off of work lol. Its a little frustrating for me cause my first day of tactical shotgun class is tomorrow and I was going to use this gun in it, its the only shotgun I have. I appreciate the help Rossignol, I'll give you an update this afternoon. I hope teflon tape does the trick!

Make sure it is a Mossberg stock.........?

The gun came with the factory stock but I bought the Hogue Short LOP stock cause the factory one is way too long. The factory stock has some free play to it also but not as bad as the Hogue.

The factory OFM bolt is supposed to work with the Hogue as well, it just sounds as if maybe the bolt you have isnt factory.

Its just a guess, but I'm basing it on what youve said about the bolt threading in straight with out havin to be forced passed any threads internally and it will more or less snug up. It really sounds as if the thread pitch is off and not a more serious issue of the receiver threads bein whacked.

I'll be watchin for the update and I'll try and find the correct thread pitch for you to be able to compare!

Back