• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Holsters, We have them! ***Photo Thread***

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I cant believe I couldnt find a dedicated holster thread! So, now we have one! :D

I have the Aker FlatSider™ XR12, 168 in tan;
Aker FlatSider™ XR12
168_168.jpg

There are certainly many more out there... CrossBreed SuperTuck comes to mind as a popular choice.

So whaddya got? How do you carry? IWB, OWB? Shoulder rig? I gotta know! Any customs out there?

I'll get pics of mine so step up and post em up and lets get this thread goin! ;)

Re: Holsters, We have them!

Nice Rossi! I currently have a cheap paddle holster because I open carry at work.... But I'll prob get a nicer one like a Galco when my new .40 arrives :)

Cool!!!

I actually got mine used, it lists for $75... but my LGS owner owned this one personally but didnt even carry it enough to break it in other than a few rub marks and I purchased it from him for $30. I'm still tryin to get it broken in enough that so my 1911 doesnt hang up at the front sight! :D

Don Hume IWB leather for my Kahr EDC. I've got Fobus paddles for larger guns, woods walking, IDPA etc. They are not bad for carry - with a gun belt they stay quite close to the body but I do feel really self conscious going from IWB single stack to OWB full size Glock or sig.

I got this one a couple weeks ago from Old Faithful Holsters. It probably won't be my summer carry holster but I wanted to get an IWB hybrid/kydex style for my XD. The kit I got came with the kydex pre-formed, the leather cut & holes punched and all the hardware. I just put it together and saved quite a few bucks.

Shows up like this
holster.jpg

In a few minutes you get this
holster1.jpg

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Most of our holster discussion so far has been going on here...

Concealed Carry Discussion: Tips and Tricks

I had thought about that LES, but admittedly I didnt look through it for holsters.

I was hoping on getting just a holsters thread goin without takin anything away from what you have goin on in the other thread.

I'll take a look at the other thread again... I did a search, but didnt return just holsters.

JimmyD, I like that man!!!

I finally got some pics of mine to post on here!

Pretty standard I think. Its about an "FBI cant" and wears best I think, just past 3 o'clock.
100_6579Small.jpg

I actually made this belt, its holdin up pretty well. Its a different color than the holster, but what do I care! :D
100_6587Small.jpg

100_6598Small.jpg

100_6596Small.jpg

100_6649Small.jpg

100_6655Small.jpg

100_6659Small.jpg

I've been carryin around the house the past few days but otherwise I'm unable to comment to its merit, but as I use it more, I'll add more! ;) What I can say is that my front sight catches on the on the leather where the holster is open at the bottom. I would have prefered the holster cover the full length of the barrel to reduce or minimize the potential of the sight hangin up. As I practice, I have found I can turn the gun slightly and draw so that it doesnt catch at all. Need more practice though so I can do it without thinkin about it! Well that, or get another holster!!! ;)

Not my everyday, But still within the subject...

6860204265_43ac26cb06_b.jpg

6860206437_534ef78329_b.jpg

Found it locally for $70 or so, Worked out great for my "Western Marshal"

For EDC, I use an Uncle Mikes IWB #16 for my XD40sc, I know its not all leather and stuff, But I have been using one for the last 3 years and have had no issues.
I would show a pic's But its suppose to be concealed :mrgreen:

Its concealed! :lol: Alright alright... youre too funny Vit!

That western holster is all kinds of beautiful, I love leather work like that! I love the tooling and the glow of the color! Great lookin belt and holster Vit, thanks for gettin pics of that up!

I like the ITAC and RSR polymer paddle rigs for cooler weather EDC. Easy on and easy off and the level 2 retention is a big plus for me. This set is for my Glock 21.
Glock21holsterandmagpouch.jpg

I also have them for both my Sig P250F 9mm and P250C .45acp.
I have a Fobus mag/flashlight paddle rig for my P250C .45. I love this thing.
I have a Clament Leather OWB holster for my P250SC 9mm that will be my summer EDC when I return home in June. It is not the tightest fitting holster I have had, but it pulls in very tight to the body which helps with retention.
I also use the Uncle Mike's IWB holsters. They work well for me too.
I have a Blackhawk Omega VI drop rig with a Tuff Product 5 in line mag pouch on a drop rig for my battle belt I am building. Both of these are in ACU camo. This will carry my P250F w/ attached TLR1s. and 5 spare mags, my Gerber LMF, and 24 shotgun shells in 2 ACU pouches.

I'm kinda wantin to try a BlackHawk Serpa, real similar I think to the paddle holster you mentioned.

When it comes to my 1911s I always carry in condition one (locked and loaded) and prefer some sort of active retention but have never been a fan of straps. Here's my go-to rig of choice for my EDC Kimber Ultra CDP II.

Bianchi Carrylok on a 5.11 Tactical 1.75" Basketweave Leather Belt

It offers a great combination of an open top holster with a lever release that keeps my Kimber nice and secure. Unlike most other holsters of its kind, the release lever sits just behind the trigger guard and is designed to be operated with the middle finger. This placement allows your index finger to operate freely and align with the trigger while drawing your weapon. It's a very sturdy holster and when used with a purpose built gun belt the rig is as solid as they come. You can see in the photo that the fully loaded pistol stands straight up in the holster on its own. It comes in a variety of sizes and molds for 1911s, revolvers, and a variety of other pistols.

For most of the other CC pistols in my rotation I use a simple inside the waistband holster. I've had good experienc with Uncle Mike's. Great prices for a basic IWB and they come in a wide range of sizes.

Pictured below are two extremes in size between my Kahr P380 and my Glock 21...

I haven't had a pisol yet that they can't fit. These IWB holsters are extremely versatile and are very secure with the use of the proper fit for your pistol and a good belt. While great for compacts and sub-compacts, when worn at a forward angle on your belt, these IWBs can conceal the butt of much larger pistols. Wearing just shorts and a t-shirt, I can fully conceal the G21 in the holster pictured above. With its diminutive size, the P380 can ride easily in the waistband or even be clipped into the inside pocket of a jacket or sportcoat.

Picked up another Bianchi CarryLok for the SIG P220 ES...

I absolutely love these holsters!

Rossignol said:
I'm kinda wantin to try a BlackHawk Serpa, real similar I think to the paddle holster you mentioned.

I've got a couple of the Blackhawk Serpa Sportster paddle holsters...

1911 Full-size

Glock Compacts

These are some great holsters for use at the range or for open carry. They're a little big for CC though...

Ooooh, those are all really cool!

I initially had to look up a couple of the names, like Fobus. I like their holsters but cant tel a difference among them but for the name. Only a couple holsters look different at all.

The Serpa does look a little big for cc... Tryin to get an idea for the Beretta.

I like the Uncle Mikes too though! ;) And of course the Bianchi Carrylok is sweet!

I actually really like the strap/thumb break on mine, I like that it blocks the firing pin. With the 1911, it may not be neccessary, but I like it there none the less.

In any case, I've seen a few holsters I really like!

Back