• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Holsters, We have them! ***Photo Thread***

New project.

image.jpg

I have the belt loops on it, just not shown in this pic, but you can see the screw post backs in the leather. Still needs oil too.

This is much better than the last which you can see in the background there. The last one has two layers of 10 oz saddle skirting wrapping all the way around the gun adding up to a massive nearly 5/8" of additional width. Way to thick to be carrying.

What I did on this attempt was to use a lighter 6 oz harness leather (the darker brown leather) to add as reinforcing to the holster mouth and it wraps all the way around as the only layer on the back. I split the heavier saddle skirting just around the other side of the slide and beveled it all along the edge so it fades into the harness leather. The result is a much thinner and easier to wear holster.

It still rides a little high for my preference, but other makers I've looked at have much higher riding holsters. In fact most, if not all, other holsters. But the angle is good and I can get my hand on the grip with out any interference from the holster or my belt.

Hey Ross, the stitching looks really nice.
What goes in the threaded inserts?

Thank you!
The threaded inserts are the clutch head posts so they grab the backside of the leather and that's what I'm using for the belt loops. I'll get another pic up but I have screws and finish washers in the loops that mate to the threaded inserts.

Thank you gentlemen!

I may change the loops over to pull the dot snaps. I need to get longer screw to use for the base. The posts on the snaps I have aren't long enough to go through the leather and I can use the same kind of screw but it would have to be longer than what I have. With this set up its easy to convert to snaps even using the very same loops that are on it now.

Oooohhhh...So it goes IWB somewhere above the right kidney?

Just like this;

image.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you gentlemen!

I may change the loops over to pull the dot snaps. I need to get longer screw to use for the base. The posts on the snaps I have aren't long enough to go through the leather and I can use the same kind of screw but it would have to be longer than what I have. With this set up its easy to convert to snaps even using the very same loops that are on it now.

Just like this;

View attachment 10943
Perfect! Super workmanship.

Thanks again gentlemen!

While not perfect, I continue to like the holster. It isn't the prettiest holster, it's rough around the edges but I get impatient and just want stuff done.

The retention is good enough. If I'm upside down or in a centrifuge the gun may come out, but being IWB helps keep pressure on it. It draws smooth and I really like the cant.

Even so, I want to experiment some more and I'll definitely be switching the loops to snaps.

I've discovered I really like appendix carry. I have to get the cant figured out though because I can't do a straight drop holster, not with what I have anyway. A smaller gun would be better suited I think but that's not what I'm working with.

Straight drop IWB for a full size Sig P229 that was a .40 service pistol in a former life.

image.jpg

Back