• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Holsters, We have them! ***Photo Thread***

Honkey, I really like leather too! I looked at a fobus over the weekend. Nice holsters for sure, but my preference is definitely for the leather! To me, nothin beats a truly well crafted leather holster, nothin beats the beauty and craftsmanship, especially if you can find one that is hand stitched!!! Nothin wrong with the machine stitching, but theres a difference in appearance, even if it means not every stitch is perfect or identical... each piece is a work of art. Even with commercially available machine stitched holsters, theyre still boned and wet formed by hand. There really is no other way to do it and achieve that classic and beautiful custom fit.

JimmyD, thats awesome!!! Good lookin out cuz that is a really good lookin holster and really that lead time isnt too bad!

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
Nice view nitesite ;) lol

Hey! My favorite GLG2 ever!!!

It is a very nice view! You can see everything!!! Every magazine, holster, handcuff, and flashlight case or pouch! ;)

IDPA

Kimber 1911 Blackhwak Serpa
Springfield XD Service Black hawk Serpa
S & W M & P 9 c Bladetech

carry
S & W .357 jframe nylon pocket holster
M & P 9 c plan "b" dillion precision

OH! I almost forgot!!!

I'm seriously lookin into a nice leather shoulder rig too! Any suggestions?

Sweet!

The MC I'm told can be worn all year round with like a tshirt and sport jacket, and loafers. :lol: JK.... It loks nice!

Dang, one of things it would be nice to try before you buy!

Nitesite - I like the guided tour - very effective! Here's what I think I need for the 3 pistols in the shot - NOTE this is following a trip to the pawn shop to unload the items that I did NOT think I needed any longer. I try and keep my items somewhat useful and, erm, focused. That's why I have an IWB holster for Glock 22 hehe. Actually I like Hume holsters and couldn't part with it. I appear to like Fobus and custom Kydex as well! :D

7087497729_9eb4b0e699_z.jpg

Oh and Uncle Mike's reinforced Instructor's belts rock. Low key look, super stiff and lots of velcro. It's not a dress belt but my casual OWB go-to. I have good 1 1/2 leather service belts with velcro closure that do well for IWB from Leon here in St. Louis http://www.leonuniform.com/ - hmmm, what I use is not on the website?? Lucky me!

The 1911 IWB holster from Winthrop showed up yesterday. The leather was fairly stiff and fit was tight out of the box. I had it on for just a few hours today and the leather softened up quite a bit but still has a way to go. The 1911 fits in it really well now, still kinda tight but you don't have to force it and the draw is smooth for a new holster. Pretty comfortable but I'm still trying to find 'the spot' to wear it. Very pleased with it so far. I've got a Bianchi OWB on the way to try out.

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

Ooooh! Thats nice!!!

I was hopin it was pics when I saw you had posted, nicely done man!

Nice rig!

I'll bet that leather will soften up just right before too long. The first time I tried to draw my 1911 out of a leather holster I gave myself a wedgie I won't soon forget... :lol:

:lol: Thats Hi-Larious!!!

I've had to do a quite a bit of practice with mine too. I've found that as I draw, I have to (imagine if you will) point the muzzle inward, like towards my leg or hip. Not pulling away so much at the grip, just pushing in with the muzzle.

I believe that may be inherent in the design as its an open ended holster that allows the sight to potrude past the opening. As long as i push the muzzle in it clears and slides.

Def need more practice before I carry it ... Given the design, I'm very interested in seein the Winthrop full size govt OWB. If you go for it that is! :D

Yep, that's a good price on the combo. I think I like the XST better too though. I just went back and checked and I can get both the paddle and belt slide for an extra $10.

Back