• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Holsters, We have them! ***Photo Thread***

The Gould & Goodrich pancake holster came today. In the package, in a huge box surrounded by padding. That's a good start. Made in USA sticker proudly placed on front, even better. Gotta say, I'm pretty happy with it. Especially for the price I paid. It's definitely needs a good break in, but I have a feeling it's gonna be real nice. It just needs to loosen up so it doesn't try to come with the gun while drawing. The thumb break is nice, I wasn't sure I wanted a snap. But it is easy un-snap, but not too easy. Not much of a review, but all in all... I would recommend it.

wgifwZ6.jpg

sCSFsHB.jpg

That's a good lookin piece of leather dlo.

Keep us posted on how it rides after you've carried it around for a while...

My White Hat arrived today. I am very satisfied so far. I can hardly tell it is there, and it's not even broken in. Its a well made piece. You feel a definite click upon holstering. It came with a card that said don't do the upside down shake test because it will more than likely fall out. I did it anyways, it took a good bit of shaking straight up and down for it to fall. I don't have to worry about that happening. Also passed the handstand test :lol:. The back of the horse hide is natural for breathability, it is also much smaller than I expected. Which is a good thing, I'm not very big, lol. It distributes the weight very well, I can hardly tell it is there. And that is the hip that is usually in pain.. Will practice with it a bit more, but already have drawing, safety off, and aimed in about 2-3 sec. This is more than likely going to become my main holster. I would highly recommend these holsters to anybody looking for a nice IWB. It's also great because you can get a kydex for each gun, and not have to buy a whole new holster. Kydex is just over $20. They also have an OWB backing which can be added to the collection if desired. Oh, and even better yet... They offer the combat cut for FREE! Not the best pic, I can get more if wanted. Oh and my cleaning mat also arrived. :cool:
i3rdq70.jpg

I stopped a church tag sale the other day and at one of the tables was a nice older lady with a box full of military stuff. Mostly uniforms, canteens, patrol caps etc..... nothing I don't already have. When I asked about it said it was her late husbands stuff and she was just finally cleaning out the garage and closets of some of his things. She said there was other stuff at the bottom and I should dig through it so I dumped it over and started sorting through it all and there it was. A left handed old school 1911 holster! Imagine my surprise as you rarely see any southpaw holsters like that floating around. I asked how much and she said give me 5 dollars for it and its yours. She even laughed about why he even had hung on to it since he was very much right handed. Who knows. I thanked here and so here it is. Never thought I'd find something like that a church tag sale.

Also, you can see my favorite new patch. I saw that a while back and had to snag it too. This holster just about justifies it lol! Nothing super tacticool like a blackhawk drop leg or the like. Just super utilitarian and functional. It is low speed, high drag, just like me. Been my signature on this forum from day one.

Curious if this find was really a "US issue" holster or not. There is no stamping anywhere on this thing. Usually with anything US issue theres a contract number, a date, something that identifies it as such. Even if this winds up being a commerical offering its still pretty cool for me being a southpaw. I'll make good usage out of it.

One or both of these is with me every day. The Mika was worth the wait and I've got a square bottom one on the way. And my horsehide Theis has been perfect for nearly 2yrs now.
dyry9u9y.jpg

Live and learn. I've made 2 mistakes in the last year relative to holsters. The first one was insisting on a clip on for a custom made pigskin lined leather holster, against the makers advice. My bad. I love this holster, and it fit the gun perfectly, but it kept falling off my belt every time I bent over or sat down.

The second was a couple days ago. Bought a cheap nylon (Kydex?) holster ( I won't beat up on the mfg., but it's a widely sold product), that started taking the finish off my Sig 1911-22 the first time I put the gun in, and it's about 2" too long. Also, my bad.

So, to fix the issues I cut the clip off the custom holster and cut a belt loop in it. Not pretty, but it works. I really hated to do this, but not much choice if I wanted to use it. And I took the nylon pos back for a refund. Sometimes, I just have to learn the hard way. :oops:

All those .22 1911 style pinkers have a cheap painted on finish FYI. I've seen a few in local gun shops and Academy locations where the gun looks like it had been through a couple of wars. They are brand new guns for crying out loud! I've heard of holster wear, but tire kicking window shopper wear? Cmon, that can't be correct but it seems to be. Just cheaply painted pot metal it seems but I guess what do you expect for a low cost .22 chambered plinker. I think any holster will quickly wear it down. That alone has made me think twice about picking one up unless I was willing to immediately send it off somewhere for a refinish. I'd have to get a really damned good deal on one to even consider it.

YMMV as usual.

^^You're right about the finish. Certainly not up to the standards on my Blackhawk or other guns - even my really old ones.

The Sig is a pretty good shooter tho, that hasn't given me any functional problems. And I did get a reasonably good deal on it last year. :) I don't know if any other finish could be applied, but I'll probably do that eventually if it's possible.

Custom 1911 Gov. model built on S.A. N.M. frame in Wilson Combat Sharkskin OWB with matching dual mag carrier. Works as good as it looks. I ran out of funds to get the matching belt :roll:

WCSharkSkinleather003.jpg

WCSharkSkinleather001.jpg

WCSharkSkinleather005.jpg

$T2eC16d,!zoE9s5ngH4pBSOcVvT2Pg~~60_57.JPG

Scored a new in the package military surplus Sig P228 holster from flea bay for 10 bucks. With shipping 15 dollars total. Left handed. Really looking forward to utilizing it once I get the gun. The picture is of the gentleman's Sig in his personal holster. He said he had several more so he put em on the bay.

Back