• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

HOLY CRAP ~~~ I just bought my very first AK-47

Yeah. That is really nice. Really like the wood furniture on it.

FWIW, the forend that you have on it, is the same one I swapped for one of mine. I like the thumb swell on it. The one that came one mine was the donkey dong angled handguard and I always hated that thing. Didn't like the way they looked. Didn't like the way they felt trying to hold them. Just didn't work for me at all. So, it went away and I bought one of the palm swell/thumb rest ones like yours. Those are my favorites.

It may surprise you, but there's not as many of that style in existence as you would think. That's one of the more expensive handguards out there as a result.

How does the pistol grip feel in your hand? I have one of those style too, but I also thought it was a little on the narrow side. While it worked, I like something that fills my hand up better. I'm using these, on the AK and AR and they fit me well: https://www.tdi-arms.com/product/ag47-ak-tactical-pistol-grip/

Next question that I'm going to ask, is about accuracy. I bet it would surprise you what it's capable of. My Ak's are more than adequate in that regard.

After you get done adjusting the irons, you need to stand up with the gun over your head and start yelling wolverines. if you haven't watched Red Dawn in a while. You should refresh.

Red-Dawn-Wolverines.jpg

I have discovered that you may also put them on black powder field cannons too.

Why?

I don't know. I guess they're just not as widely available in that role and as such, it doesn't count towards affixed stationary artillery.

Well. Looks like I may have all new method and technique for pissing off liberals soon.

Go hunt bambi with a suppressed smokepole.

Sorry nitesite. You should know that it was inevitable that it would get hijacked eventually.

^John, I've shot thosands of rounds through M-16s and M-4s and they are great guns. And everyone should have a few. However, if forced to select only one "battle rifle" I could own it would be a Eastern block made AK-47. These weapons are simple to maintain, built like tanks and I've never had a single misfire no matter how dirty or dry the weapons is plus 90% of the time using steel cased ammo. Most manufactures have religiously followed the original 1947 design and it still works 70 plus years later. It's certainly not a long range sniper rifle but it has it's place on the battlefield.

I tend to live by the "Rule of Three"

Regards

I do understand what you're saying Ernst. I actually feel the same way. I have ALWAYS liked the 7.62 round. And the design is obviously still very solid.

There's a lot of guns that I trust to go bang. And there's a lot of guns I wouldn't trust too. But, I wouldn't feel bad if the AK is what I grabbed.

It's adequate for anything I would ever do with it. And I agree, very reliable. Which is obviously very important too.

Not getting into the AR or AK debate. That has been beat to death. At the end of the day, I like both and for what they are. They each have their own strengths and shortcomings. But, I'm as content with an Ak as I am anything else and wouldn't feel under gunned with one.

Last time I went camping, was with an old chinese sks. Another of my all time favorites. So, there's that.

^John, totally agree with you. Both the AR and AK families have their place. And to me it's more the difference in the actual cartridge preformance and their application to the environment than it is the guns themselves. Both weapons are reliable today. IMO the 5.56 is certainly a flatter shooting, longer range, more open terrain excellent cartridge. However, it's limited in effectiveness, due to projectile weight, for applications in woody or brushy environment due to it's tendency to deflect if it hits a twig. The jungle, brushy environments is where the 7.62 excells with it's much heavier bullet weight. But both have gotten better over the years as cartridge development continues to improved.

I have, and will always have, both in my inventory, and selected one over the other as the need presents itself or I just want to shoot one for fun.

Had to laugh about your love for an old Chinese SKS! I have a 1959 battle worn Chinese T56 SKS that shoots as well today as it did the year it was made.

Think our choice of weapons is much alike!

Regards

Back