• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hornady Zombie Max?

Check this out! Found it in the Hornady LE catalog!

This is the same muzzle velocity as the .45 ACP Z-Max! May have a winner!
Hornady_FTX_45.jpg

If only I can figure out the stupid dumb buckshot. The Hornady TAP LE with VersaTite shows a muzzle velocity of 1100 fps from a 30" barrel and closer to 900 fps from a shorter (but not specified) barrel.

Just going by whhat has been hinted and after finding this FTX Critical Defense in the LE catalog, I'm leaning towards it bein the TAP LE low recoil buckshot.

Now, heres the thing. It may be all hyped up and way overdone media blitz of the zombie thing, BUT! These are good loads and at reasonable prices. Well under MSRP, they are retailing at the average for their counterpart loads and in some cases less. It appears to be LE ammo at lightly discounted prices.

Good detective work. As always an entertaining subject. Of all the monsters I think Zombies are the least scary.
It goes
Vampires
Werewolves
Mummy
Rosie O’Donnell
Frankenstein
Zombies

You can’t count Bigfoot because he is real.... :roll:

Well Oli, the Hornady guy didnt even mention Bigfoot. But by his logic, we never see zombies cuz of things like the "proven" Z-Max. However Bigfoot sightings are reasonably common especially in the PNW, so a "Bigfoot load" hasnt been developed yet.

I found a ton of stuff saying "Why it will never happen" and on the same site, "Why it could happen". It would definitely be some interesting reading for both sides of the conversation!

Zombies come in a lot of flavors, so hopefuly the are the slow kind...

As far as Bigfoot ammo....it wouldnt do you any good anyway.
Bigfoot-Shooting-Guns.jpg

Hornady's based here in Nebraska ... I've met some of the family. Based on that I'd say this is all in good fun.

On the other hand, a buddy of mine often says, "Prepare for Zombies. You'll be prepared for anything." Except maybe Rosie O'Donnell. :eek:

oli700 said:
Good detective work. As always an entertaining subject. Of all the monsters I think Zombies are the least scary.
It goes
Vampires
Werewolves
Mummy
Rosie O’Donnell
Frankenstein
Zombies

You can’t count Bigfoot because he is real.... :roll:

Those aren't scary... THIS is scary!
snooki-2010-grammy-awards.jpg

If you see the view on the left you have a chance. If you see the veiw on the right... God help you.

Jeez, I leave on assignment for a few weeks and come back to find a massive zombie invasion in progress. Thank goodness for the Mossberg Owners forum that has the solution handy.

And while I worry about zombies a bit, that female munchkin is the scariest of all. :shock:

Hey man! Been awhile, good to see you back on!

Yep, tis the season... for zombies. And Snooki. Maybe shes a cute girl under the haloween costume? I dunno.

I'm wonderin if we'll see any Hornady product placement in "The Walking Dead"? Probably not.

So what does it take to fend off a Snooki?

Rossignol said:
So what does it take to fend off a Snooki?

My understanding is that you can distract her with a tanning bed and then drive a stake through her heart while she's fake-baking.

Rossignol said:
Tanning bed, then stake through the heart. Got It!!!

That might work but I think it only goes home after all the alcohol is gone....you just have to survive till then.

oli700 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_Polizzi

You know this got me thinking Blue. I would never believed people like the Jersey Shore characters existed if I had not seen it ….If people like that actually exist and take each other seriously then Zombies are entirely possible .

I don't know about Zombies, but in my mind, how more ludicrous is the existence of Bigfoot than a Guido? Come to think of it...

2129093_f496.jpg

100106jerseyshore_ronnie1.jpg

Back