1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Hornady Zombie Max?

Discussion in 'Ammunition' started by blue, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Check this out! Found it in the Hornady LE catalog!

This is the same muzzle velocity as the .45 ACP Z-Max! May have a winner!
    [​IMG]

If only I can figure out the stupid dumb buckshot. The Hornady TAP LE with VersaTite shows a muzzle velocity of 1100 fps from a 30" barrel and closer to 900 fps from a shorter (but not specified) barrel.

Just going by whhat has been hinted and after finding this FTX Critical Defense in the LE catalog, I'm leaning towards it bein the TAP LE low recoil buckshot.

Now, heres the thing. It may be all hyped up and way overdone media blitz of the zombie thing, BUT! These are good loads and at reasonable prices. Well under MSRP, they are retailing at the average for their counterpart loads and in some cases less. It appears to be LE ammo at lightly discounted prices.
  2. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

Good detective work. As always an entertaining subject. Of all the monsters I think Zombies are the least scary.
    It goes
    Vampires
    Werewolves
    Mummy
    Rosie O’Donnell
    Frankenstein
    Zombies

You can’t count Bigfoot because he is real.... :roll:
  3. Rossignol

Well Oli, the Hornady guy didnt even mention Bigfoot. But by his logic, we never see zombies cuz of things like the "proven" Z-Max. However Bigfoot sightings are reasonably common especially in the PNW, so a "Bigfoot load" hasnt been developed yet.

I found a ton of stuff saying "Why it will never happen" and on the same site, "Why it could happen". It would definitely be some interesting reading for both sides of the conversation!
  4. oli700

Zombies come in a lot of flavors, so hopefuly the are the slow kind...

As far as Bigfoot ammo....it wouldnt do you any good anyway.
    [​IMG]
  5. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri 20g "Philanthropist"

Hornady's based here in Nebraska ... I've met some of the family. Based on that I'd say this is all in good fun.

On the other hand, a buddy of mine often says, "Prepare for Zombies. You'll be prepared for anything." Except maybe Rosie O'Donnell. :eek:
  6. blue

blue 20g

Those aren't scary... THIS is scary!
    [​IMG]

If you see the view on the left you have a chance. If you see the veiw on the right... God help you.
  7. Rossignol

Wow! Who the heck is that? She could use some sensible shoes.
  8. oli700

You dont know Snooki. Brad meet Snooki......
  9. Rossignol

Great, Hi Snooki! Who the heck is Snooki?
  10. oli700

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_Polizzi

You know this got me thinking Blue. I would never believed people like the Jersey Shore characters existed if I had not seen it ….If people like that actually exist and take each other seriously then Zombies are entirely possible .
  11. Rossignol

Sounds like a winner. Shes makin some money though!
  12. JSDinTexas

JSDinTexas .270 WIN

Jeez, I leave on assignment for a few weeks and come back to find a massive zombie invasion in progress. Thank goodness for the Mossberg Owners forum that has the solution handy.

And while I worry about zombies a bit, that female munchkin is the scariest of all. :shock:
  13. Rossignol

Hey man! Been awhile, good to see you back on!

Yep, tis the season... for zombies. And Snooki. Maybe shes a cute girl under the haloween costume? I dunno.

I'm wonderin if we'll see any Hornady product placement in "The Walking Dead"? Probably not.

So what does it take to fend off a Snooki?
  14. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri 20g "Philanthropist"

My understanding is that you can distract her with a tanning bed and then drive a stake through her heart while she's fake-baking.
  15. Rossignol

Tanning bed, then stake through the heart. Got It!!!
  16. oli700

That might work but I think it only goes home after all the alcohol is gone....you just have to survive till then.
  17. blue

blue 20g

I don't know about Zombies, but in my mind, how more ludicrous is the existence of Bigfoot than a Guido? Come to think of it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Rossignol

Now who is is this guy?
  19. oli700

Snooki's friend.
  20. blue

blue 20g

The top one or bottom one? Wacka Wacka!!!!