• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

House Bill Would Disband Scandal-Plagued ATF

Oh, forgot to add, it'll never happen. Even though the Dept of Treasury was tasked with firearms until the ATF was created.

It's been a strange new world since we went through the Trump looking glass.

Most of the world could not imagine what has already happened, and half the country still can't believe it has.

I see big shakeups coming stem to stern.

'Bout flippin' time. It's been like a ship without a sail and captain floating adrift at sea for far too long.

My biggest concern on disbanding them is that the corruption will just move to another department that absorbs up the pieces and bureaucracy. It will only benefit the country if they purge the corruption and refocus on people that are committing crimes instead of b.s. harassment and gun control.

It will only benefit the country if they purge the corruption and refocus on people that are committing crimes instead of b.s. harassment and gun control.

One can only hope that will happen.....

I hope it actually happens. This issue got kicked around years ago. Other departments were willing to take on the ATF functions, but none wanted the ATF personnel. That says a lot and explains a lot.

If they are Crooks, then I say retire them to a Federal home for Wayward law enforcement officers.

But if they are just guys caught in a catch-22 who chose the wrong political decision, then you gotta have some mercy on them, because you know how politics runs all our lives.

How many have gotten caught up in this thing where they're told to look the other way, to reduce the charges for political purposes, to redirect their efforts in a way that seemed at cross-purposes with their main mission?

After reading the latest stuff about the border Patrol, I don't want to have to think about what those guys go through.

"Okay men, git out there and pick them up!.... but don't pick up too many, cuz they won't take too many more this month...."

Well, we will have a new chief on the job in less than an hour, DC time.

Let's see how fast things start making sense.

ATF (actually the BATF&E), EPA, DHS, IRS, TSA and FBI all need to be revamped or dissolved and reborn with the best interest of the country and its citizens as the main priority (following closely to that great document our forefathers wrote so long ago).

Despite my disgust over all of them, they do provide a vital service to us and the U.S.. But they are riddled with those who have an ulterior motive, the sloven and the totally useless. The FBI has followed and/or interviewed EVERY SINGLE mass shooter in the last several years but determined they were no threat to society. Incredulous!!! The ATF has been a bullshit organization since the days of Janet Reno. The EPA and the IRS should not be driven by fines. They should not be allowed to fund themselves by fines. Fines should go into a general fund or given back to the states where the damage was done. The EPA needs to go back to being regulatory in mission and put the collecting on the IRS. The DHS does provide an very real service to the US but should not be trying to turn all our PDs into military units. Give the $$$ to our local PDs and make them responsible, and accountable, for increasing their service. The TSA, well, any one of us that has flown recently can attest to their complete and utter incompetence. Dissolve them completely and put the security of the airports directly on the airports (with guidance). Transfer all funds used for the TSA to achieve this. Minimum wage workers should not be used to screen, harass and intimidate travelers. People flying will increase as will revenue. It should pay fort itself over time. Profile, profile, profile (f**k the ACLU). When was the last time a grandma wearing Depends tries to blow up a plane? Profiling works and that is why the ACLU doesn't like it. The right people are profiles and caught (ask the Sheriffs in Georgia).

Ok, off my soapbox. Time to take my wife out on date night.

Back