• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How are we doing as a Mossberg Forum?

Re: Mossberg Owners Forum Feedback...

Hmm I will have to look at that then. I will make it one now.

I am looking to get some feedback from members about the site. I want to hear the good and the bad.

Re: How are we doing?

I like the site. I like the people a lot here. Good knowledge base, mature and most of all not a lot of criticism, differences in opinions are conveyed respectfully and I get the impression that people recognize that one size don’t fit all and there is more than one way to skin a cat . What works for some people don’t work for others and so what if theirs isn’t exactly like yours. Diversity, learning from each other and respect seem to be paramount here and I for one really appreciate it

I'd have to agree with oli.

For just under 400 members, it's still a very active site.

I'm in for the long haul!

I have joined a few forums that address specific subjects that are of interest to me; in this case Mossberg shotguns.
I think this site is a good one because it has some very knowledgeable people with experience in shooting and shotguns, and I have already learned a great deal that would have taken me a lot longer to research if I had done it on my own. Further, I appreciate what other people offer as it helps to broaden my thinking about my shooting, choice of ammo and equipment, firearms handling, and maintaining my Mossberg.
It is further a pleasure to be on the site because the posts are respectful and there are no purposely negative posts or negative comments, or trolls, or persons attacking others. And I hope the site is strictly monitered to maintain this atmosphere of mature people offering mature responses.
In my opinion, this is one of the better forums on the internet. I am happy to be a member.

I am really glad people are enjoying this forum! The moderator staff and I will do all we can to continue to maintain the helpful and friendly atmosphere that has carried this site to the point it is today. We will certainly be relying on our members to continue to provide us feedback to ensure growth continues to be in a positive manner.

Additionally as a site we are working very hard to bring manufacturers onto the site to help bring direct representation of their products to members here. Companies like ATI and Nordic Components are very excited to obtain feedback on their products directly from our members so that they can help tailor them better for our needs.

I can make a subsection in the ammunition area if you would like.

It might not get a lot of action, but I am going to start molding buck , slugs and reloading them here in the near future.....I will eventually have some info for it and might be able to gather some. I don’t know what the experience or interest in reloading is around here ?

I will add the section now and will see how it goes.

I am loving the site. To me this is one of the better places to hang out at on the interwebz................has that small coffee shop feel that so many larger gun sites don't. Great job and many kudo's to everyone here.

sumoj275 said:
I am loving the site. To me this is one of the better places to hang out at on the interwebz................has that small coffee shop feel that so many larger gun sites don't. Great job and many kudo's to everyone here.

^^^^agreed

Damn good site. Prior to finding it, 95% of my time was spent at Glocktalk. I will be spending less time there now, and more here.

Big problem at a lot of gun websites is that folks get to bashing other folks for their choices in weaponry. The AR forums are the absolute worst-- if you don't have the highest dollar platform, then you are simply trash in the eyes of more than a few. Not sure but if a lot of those guys don't spend 100% of their time and money on the platform build, and never actually shoot the darn weapon. The 1911 forums-- not as bad. There seems to be, in my opinion, some jealousy from the XD community toward the Glock community, resulting in some one-way gratuitous bashing on a regular basis. In general, Glock guys like Glocks, Sig guys like Sigs, and HK guys look down their noses at both. None of them give the XD guys a second thought, probably since the LE community has largely shut out the XD in favor of Glock, Sig, HK, and more recently, S&W M&P. Beretta fanatics seem to raise the ire of the 1911 community, probably because there are a lot of ex-military guys (me bein' one) who still feel betrayed by the change to the Beretta. Most of us would rather have a sister in a brothel than a brother with a Beretta (I tried anger management counseling, but no joy).

The tactical shotgun community pretty much revolves around the Rem 870s, the Mossie 500/590s, with some attention to the Benellis and the FNs. Winchester, maybe a little.... I have detected little animosity 870 and the 500/590 camps, simply because there is mutual respect for both shotguns in the community.

My two cents....

Glocktalk has a nice little tactical shotgun forum, and the Mossberg, Remington, and Benelli camps keep it pretty civil.

Appreciate the kind words and agree with your sentiment.

I'm a member of most of the other gun forums around and know exactly what you're talkin about. We try to maintain an even keel here at Mossberg Owners and we tend to value mutual respect more than opinions. Everyone has their own ideas and reasons for choosing one particular firearm platform over another. Sure we may disagree, but you won't find anyone here flaming another member. It simply won't be tolerated.

Your input is highly appreciated. We're very glad to see that we've made a good impression and that you'll be stickin around.

See you around...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Appreciate the kind words and agree with your sentiment.

I'm a member of most of the other gun forums around and know exactly what you're talkin about. We try to maintain an even keel here at Mossberg Owners and we tend to value mutual respect more than opinions. Everyone has their own ideas and reasons for choosing one particular firearm platform over another. Sure we may disagree, but you won't find anyone here flaming another member. It simply won't be tolerated.

Your input is highly appreciated. We're very glad to see that we've made a good impression and that you'll be stickin around.

See you around...
+1 to that...only thing to add is that we really value feedback from our members which helps us to continue to improve this community!

Back