• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

Welcome to all of the new members and hello to our established members!

How did you find MossbergOwners.com!? Did you find us through a google search for something specific? Did a friend/family member tell you about us? Did you see a decal on the back of someone's vehicle? Did you see us on one of the sister sites?
Tell us your story of how you came across the best gun forum on the Internet <----I may be a little biased ;)

I look forward to reading about how we all ended up in the same place!

I went looking for this site to do some research on a 464. As a member of another shooting forum, I guessed/hoped that there would be somewhere to read up on Mossbergs and find out what their owners think of them. As a member of that other forum, I know only too well that you cannot be too careful when choosing a brand or take anything for granted even about new stock. The absence of gripes here convinced me and so I own a 464 with a wooden stock but sadly, it could not come home with me owing to the laws in Oz, where I live. I have heard of it being called, "Having your gun in jail". Because it was bought late last year before Christmas, the waiting period will be extended owing to the year-end Holidays but as each day passes I am one day closer to "bailing it out";)
I was attracted to the Mossberg after finding by chance, a video on youtube about cleaning a 464 from the breech. Had I known about that I would have considered one years ago but the reviews of the time were silent about this advantage. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it. It's just as well I'm busy, otherwise I would be thinking about it all the time.
After meeting a bloke at the range one day last year, the subject of lead bullets came up. He was using local, ready made bullets which he said did not foul. Sounds interesting but dies would be necesary, etc. It is all fascinating to speculate about:D Meanwhile, I try to be patient:(

Glad to have you on the forum. We hope the time passes quickly and your 464 is in your hands soon...

As with almost every response here, I googled for Mossberg 590 disassembly and top result was here. I love that there is no judgement here and nothing but respect to/from BBs all the way up! I'm on nightly which worries my girlfriend hahaha

Glad to see you're enjoying the site.

...and tell your girlfriend that we said it's completely normal that you spend this much time here...

Welcome to the forum form Florida and congrats on your new Mossy.:)

A friend on my metalworking website posted a link after I posted that I had purchased a new Mossberg MVP Varmint in 7.62 NATO.

What metal working site? What's the name who posted the link? You're a welder too?

What metal working site? What's the name who posted the link? You're a welder too?

www.shopfloortalk.com

The gentleman goes by McCutter on SFT. We are a bit of a rough bunch and do not run any moderation
so you might be surprised at first, but as the name suggest, it is a shop floor level conversation.

Yup I weld, I was in the Navy for 6 years and ran my own weld and fab biz on the side for 9 years.

I just weld for myself and friends these days. But I still have my Millermatic 350P, Dynasty 300DX and
Trailblazer 300D when I need to make some sparks. I also have a plasma cutter, band saw, lathe, mill
and shaper for metal cutting as needed.

My mom is 85 & I had to take her gun away. :( She hadn't shot it in over 30 years. I barely shot it for 10 years due to lack of parts & interest.

When I started shooting Mom's old Mossberg .22 I realized it had great potential.

I wanted some Spare parts and advice. Google sent me here and to Havlin. Both were happy events.

Thank you all.

This forum popped up on my blog as one of the traffic sources

I decided to join to post a new link as the one posed was accidentally deleted

Right on. Thanks for checking us out and I hope you stick around. I like the blog. Good info.
I'm in Ct and see the blue top colt building all the time...

I just acquired I Mossberg 500 20 ga combo, switched to the shorter barrel (main purpose is home defense), and was looking for info on a good shotgun light. Our kids have keys to our house, and might come in at odd hours, and I want to see who is there before any fireworks.
The reason for a 20 ga shotgun is that I want my wife to feel comfortable shooting it.
She suffered a work related injury in her right shoulder, so I am considering a Magpul SGA stock, to replace the original. I do't want to make this gun look like an assault rifle, so I gave up on my first choice, an adjustable recoil reducing stock.
Anyone on the forum with experience with the Magpul?

During the search, I came across this forum and the amount of information shared here is really impresive, so I decided to join

I recently added the Magpul stock. I like the fact that you can add/remove spacers to change LOP. You might want to look into the Limbsaver pad for your wife. I personally don't have one but there are others in here that love it.

I recently added the Magpul stock. I like the fact that you can add/remove spacers to change LOP. You might want to look into the Limbsaver pad for your wife. I personally don't have one but there are others in here that love it.

Thank you 590guy, I saw it last night at their website. It has very good reviews, I will be ordering it.

My good friend CaddmannQ [who I have never met in person] suggested this site. I have a 12ga 500 modified for Knoxx sidewinder that I briefly used in 3-gun. I ride a Kaw Ninja.

During the last few days of non-postability I've spent a lot of time looking thru old posts here. I think you've got a great place.

Back