• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

I found mossbergowners.com while doing searches for a tactical light to mount on my 590a1 Tri-rail, and for advice on basic gun maintenance. I’m a decently frequent shooter, but a new owner, so I’ve never disassembled and cleaned a shotgun before. Some of the threads and posts here came up on Google and had helpful advice.

I owned an 835 ultimag that was stolen that I loved, best dove/turkey gun I've used. Recently purchased a new one. This has a ported barrel I'm not sure about? I love the 3 1/2 hi brass shells though. Nothing like that kick!!!! Not for the timid. Real man/woman gun. Total respect for the female that can take it. No disrespect intended.

@JdJ , Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
index.php

Welcome to all of the new members and hello to our established members!

How did you find MossbergOwners.com!? Did you find us through a google search for something specific? Did a friend/family member tell you about us? Did you see a decal on the back of someone's vehicle? Did you see us on one of the sister sites?
Tell us your story of how you came across the best gun forum on the Internet <----I may be a little biased ;)

I look forward to reading about how we all ended up in the same place!

wouldn’t know an avatar from the man in the moon - but found the site from a related Google search relative to a new 830 security/home defense model with intermittent FTE’s and regular FTF’s. I found the site to be pretty positive in general and some good advice as well. Glad to be on the roll and looking forward to more productive advice until my issues are solved. Be blessed!

Coach, Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. I am not familiar with your problem but someone will be along that does. You can try posting on maintenance threads and your specific model thread as well. Again, welcome.

Coach, Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. I am not familiar with your problem but someone will be along that does. You can try posting on maintenance threads and your specific model thread as well. Again, welcome.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I was impressed by the vast majority of positive posts before joining and your welcome add to the list. I’m currently awaiting delivery of a Marine spacer tube from OR3GUN to see if that will satisfy the FTF issue. I have made an attempt at softening the edges of the shell stop and polishing it, the chamber and the mag tube including the extension. I’m willing to chalk up the FTE’s to old (although well kept) AMMO - Fed LE 132-1B. The crimp appears to spread to the degree that it didn’t get extracted before the next Shell tried to load. Nearly all of the FTE’s are with that shell. The FTF’s are with a variety of makes and types of buckshot. Done as high as 1290 FPS, done on the low 1100’s. 930 (model 85322) was returned once already to shop with new gas innards provided with nearly EXACT same results as before. So, I’m starting with item #1 on the hit parade of street market fixes to see if I can find a measure of reliability for a brand new 930 with approx 300 total rounds of buckshot fired. My desire is to find reliable HD loads from which to pick to protect my home & family.
Again, thanks for the welcome - sorry to be so long winded. Be blessed!

A late Mossbergowners.com welcome :welcome: to those I've missed since I last logged in . Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do. Reading is great :mornin: but contibuting with questions or answers is even better. I'm expecting to "see" you out here. :yourock:

A late Mossbergowners.com welcome :welcome: to those I've missed since I last logged in . Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do. Reading is great :mornin: but contibuting with questions or answers is even better. I'm expecting to "see" you out here. :yourock:
Thanks, Boogey. I'll be out there. I love asking questions "usually dumb questions" about anything guns. See you there.

Well, after almost 70 years of owning a Mossberg 146b, (Got it when I was 12) Sold it got 2 more, sold them just bought 3 more and biding on a 146b-a.
While looking for parts, I came across this site. wish I had found it years ago. What I am having trouble finding is a rubber eye cup for an old 3/4" scope, but I haven't won the bid yet, so no rush, if ever.
I also need some sling swivels for the 146b rifles I do have, and a rear sight.
I am originally from Chicago, and the suburbs, lived in Northlake IL for 40 years was a Volunteer firefighter, and served as Police Commissioner for 3 years. Worked for the Franklin Park Fire Dept. for 20 years.I am also an Air Force Vet B52 Mech.

Back