• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

Well, after almost 70 years of owning a Mossberg 146b, (Got it when I was 12) Sold it got 2 more, sold them just bought 3 more and biding on a 146b-a.
While looking for parts, I came across this site. wish I had found it years ago. What I am having trouble finding is a rubber eye cup for an old 3/4" scope, but I haven't won the bid yet, so no rush, if ever.
I also need some sling swivels for the 146b rifles I do have, and a rear sight.
I am originally from Chicago, and the suburbs, lived in Northlake IL for 40 years was a Volunteer firefighter, and served as Police Commissioner for 3 years. Worked for the Franklin Park Fire Dept. for 20 years.I am also an Air Force Vet B52 Mech.
Thank you for your Service Jim and welcome to Mossbergowners.com
:thanks::welcome:

@harie godden Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
index.php

Welcome to all of the new members and hello to our established members!

How did you find MossbergOwners.com!? Did you find us through a google search for something specific? Did a friend/family member tell you about us? Did you see a decal on the back of someone's vehicle? Did you see us on one of the sister sites?
Tell us your story of how you came across the best gun forum on the Internet <----I may be a little biased ;)

I look forward to reading about how we all ended up in the same place!

I was cleaning my Mossberg 930 and took something apart that apparently I should not have. I could not get it back together, so I was searching the internet for a soltuion and found this forum. In the meantime, I also wrote to Mossberg and they confirmed that I should not have taken it apart, and I now have to send it to them to put it back together again. I plan one day to shoot a video of cleaning my shotgun and posting it with a caution to others, so that they will not make the same mistake I did!

I was cleaning my Mossberg 930 and took something apart that apparently I should not have. I could not get it back together, so I was searching the internet for a soltuion and found this forum. In the meantime, I also wrote to Mossberg and they confirmed that I should not have taken it apart, and I now have to send it to them to put it back together again. I plan one day to shoot a video of cleaning my shotgun and posting it with a caution to others, so that they will not make the same mistake I did!

Let me guess, the heavy springy thing in the barrel?

Welcome from MI!

Welcome Jagwasg to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
index.php

You have joined one of the largest subgroups of gunowners.
I am also a proud member of Help, I've got a bag full of gunparts!

Hello from the backwoods of SC. A friend of mine had given me a 500 to look at because it would not cycle. Looking for info,I ran across the forum and was impressed with all the detailed info. It was a simple fix, no charge to my friend. His payment to me was the shotgun itself. About a month later,another friend bought a 535 turkey thug that would not fire. Once again I ended up here, this time because it needed a trigger. Not so easy to find info on interchangeable models or the gun itself. Thanks to you all, one is on the way, it is the correct one and now: time for upgrades to MY new baby! Thank you all.16116842177097470991490478216024.jpg View attachment 24515 View attachment 24515 16116842177097470991490478216024.jpg

I don't remember exactly how I found this forum, I think I was looking for reference pictures to build up my 500 and found some images that linked back here. Found all the good info I could ask for but spent a little too much time building the gun, now I don't have much gear to match. Working on fixing that now hehe.

Here it is:

IMG_20201127_161232.jpg
IMG_20201127_160917.jpg

how do i add my avatar

23469-f9fbd4af4fc36c14556d5335846bb699.jpg

@harie godden . Follow these instructions to add your avatar. [Depending on your computer or pad some of the buttons may be found in different places, but I'll try to lead you in the right direction. I'm using a laptop w/ a 10 inch screen.]

1. Right Click on the picture you want to use. I copied one of yours in this message. If that's the one you want to use, then you can start with it.
2. Go to the top of this page and hover over you username in the menu bar.
3. When the menu drops down click on "Avatar"
4. Paste your picture into the Avatar Editor.
5. You can move the picture around in the cropping box to you preference.
6. Click on "Okay"
7. Badaboom!

If this doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll try to go into more detail or be more specific.

Hey all.

I'm in Vermont (yeah I know). I often shoot over in NYS, when the Safe Act happened they would not allow my AR. I found the MVP Varmint hoping to shoot that in competition. I tend toward iron sights so was working on some adaptations. It shot well out to 600 yds, but never was able to make the time for rapid fire ( 10 rounds in 60 sec ). I ended up trading it in toward a NYS compliant M1ANM.

I stopped doing competition due to health/stamina issues, but still like to go to the ranges. This year I saw the MVP LC 7.62 that was supposed to use my M1A/M14 magazines. It looked like it might be a Bidenproof rifle ( altho you can get something Bidenproof, but you can't get something damn Bidenproof ) so I bought one.

When I had the Varmint I was on a MVP Forum, so went looking for that, but have yet to rediscover it. I did come across hereso signed up. I also have a Mossberg 590A1, altho I've yet to start shooting it.

Hey all.

I'm in Vermont (yeah I know). I often shoot over in NYS, when the Safe Act happened they would not allow my AR. I found the MVP Varmint hoping to shoot that in competition. I tend toward iron sights so was working on some adaptations. It shot well out to 600 yds, but never was able to make the time for rapid fire ( 10 rounds in 60 sec ). I ended up trading it in toward a NYS compliant M1ANM.

I stopped doing competition due to health/stamina issues, but still like to go to the ranges. This year I saw the MVP LC 7.62 that was supposed to use my M1A/M14 magazines. It looked like it might be a Bidenproof rifle ( altho you can get something Bidenproof, but you can't get something damn Bidenproof ) so I bought one.

When I had the Varmint I was on a MVP Forum, so went looking for that, but have yet to rediscover it. I did come across hereso signed up. I also have a Mossberg 590A1, altho I've yet to start shooting it.
Welcome to the Forum Sir... be sure to update us after shooting the 590A1. :sniper:

Back