• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

I'm a dual sport kinda guy myself.

Not enough straight lines for supper bikes IMO.

Plus there's quite a few mountains and trails that cruisers and crotch rockets, just, can't, go..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I had a Suzuki DRZ400SM for years and loved it, I also had a Yamaha R1 at the same time and agreed they both had their purpose. When I road with some road racing friends on the right Twisties on that DR I could cut to the inside and zip right around them and hold them at bay in the tight stuff but once we hit a straight piece of road I wish I had the R1, it was like by by. Years ago at one time I had 7 bikes but getting married a house and a child and this 2A habit I have none :mornin:

The 500/590 is pretty solid. My suggestion, put a lot of rounds through it, make sure it's broke in good and reliable. Oil it back up and you should be good for another decade :)
I've had it a few years now and have run it quite a bit.
I get a bit of pump lag recently but I think it's just dirty... it likes to stick on the return/feed...

That and I recently rattle canned it so it may have caught some molecules after I removed the tape...

I had a Suzuki DRZ400SM for years and loved it

I have 2013 DR650, out of the crate to me. 100+ mi round trip commuter ride when it's not totally frozen out or the typical E.TN thunder storms.
8379be8cd5f7228b5e5c77cd5b10f678.jpg

Lol,
The panniers I refer to as my "40mm ammo can air brakes..."

I like those cans. I used to carry the Thumper in my Huey back in '66, but I replaced it w/ the Thompson real quick.
For grenade launcher target practice we used old tanks on the RVN OCS firing range at about 200-250 meters.
I only fired it out of the Huey a few times, but it wasn't very effective. My fault probably.

M79%20Grenade%20Launcher.jpg

[That's not me.]

Hey all,

New to this forum. When asking Google, I kept finding answers to my Mossberg 590 questions on threads here.

I just picked up a new Mossberg 590 Tactical M-LOK, with the ghost ring sight. First long gun that I’ve owned.

I knew this had to be the right place when I saw a bunch of bikes in the profile pics. I’m also a rider, on a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600.

I’m also a bass player and amateur studio guy, and I also love astronomy.

I’ll shut up and read now.

Hey all,

New to this forum. When asking Google, I kept finding answers to my Mossberg 590 questions on threads here.

I just picked up a new Mossberg 590 Tactical M-LOK, with the ghost ring sight. First long gun that I’ve owned.

I knew this had to be the right place when I saw a bunch of bikes in the profile pics. I’m also a rider, on a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600.

I’m also a bass player and amateur studio guy, and I also love astronomy.

I’ll shut up and read now.
Welcome to the forum Xtabber. It's great to have multiple talents I always say... :lol:

:welcome:

Hey all,

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.

Good to have you aboard. I'm also a Kaw rider. I'm on a '06 Ninja 500R.
I'd love to share about guns, bikes, and "uni"verses. [There is more than one.]

index.php

I found the site while searching for a Mossberg branded rifle sling for a Patriot in .243 I recently purchased. Look forward to reading through the forums on what other owners think about their Mossbergs

Welcome to the forum. I'm assuming you're wanting to use the patriot for deer probably? If so, the 243 has a really good track record for it.

Yes it will be used for deer hunting by my grandson if he goes with me or my wife. I bought my youngest son a Patriot in .270 last year for Christmas and he loves it. I normally use a .270 or 308 for hunting but wanted a .243 in the mix also.
Hide quoted text

That would be awesome for your grandson. I don't know you but I'm going to say THANK YOU and sincerely mean it. Helping to teach your kids and grandkids some of the essentials of how to survive. And let's face it, these are going to be memories that all 3 of you will carry with you the rest of your days here.

I'm just trying to pass on what my Dad taught me. I have 3 boys 19, 21 and 34, all like to hunt and fish. Grandson is 11 and loves to fish and wants to start hunting this season so I'm gonna see if we can get him one !

Back