• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How Do I Change Length-of-Pull?

if you are referring to your mini510,,,,add or remove spacer on butt stock depending on what you need to do.

EaglesFlyOver said:
Yes. It's a 510-Mini. But what does the stock have to do with changing the forearm length of pull from 10.5" to 11.5"?

the stock on your 510 is what adjusts your LOP. adding and removing the spacers,shortens and lengthens your LOP.

That makes sense, of course. But I thought I could actually change the positon of the FOREARM grip that controls the action slide, so that it would extend farther forward under the magazine tube. Not so? This technical terminology is slow to sink in. Thanks.

Nope. That cannot be changed. LOP always refers to the buttstock length...

EaglesFlyOver said:
That makes sense, of course. But I thought I could actually change the positon of the FOREARM grip that controls the action slide, so that it would extend farther forward under the magazine tube. Not so? This technical terminology is slow to sink in. Thanks.

i'm sorry i should have explained LOP is the measurement from the trigger to the end of stock. shorting and lengthening will move your forend closer or further from you. you need to fit the shotgun to you. bend you are at a 90 degree angle,have someone measure from the inside elbow bend to the middle of your trigger finger.this will give you a close idea of your LOP.
adjusting the LOP will bring the forend grip closer or further to you. not the actual travel of the slide.
i hope this explains it a little better for you.

jBMZl7Zl.jpg

^^this is what mossy is saying to do..

Another method is to measure the distance from the tip of your nose to your thumb knuckle that connects to your hand while the shotgun is mounted on your shoulder. It should be 1.5-2" or roughly 2-3 finger widths.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Back