• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How do you folks like your pistol grip Mossberg 500?

While people have varying opinions on their like and dislikes of the Mossberg 500 Series PGO
and tactical stocks with pistol grip configuration, there is one thing which holds true. One of the major issues
in handling centers around the Action Control Release located on the left side of the receiver behind the trigger
guard. Because the human hand grips the pistol grip differently than a full stock, it becomes necessary for many
to release their grip on the firearm and rotate it clockwise/counterclockwise to access the small button that
represents the end of the Action Control Release. It also causes many shooter to have to lower the firearm off target
meaning you lose line of sight and in a deadly force situation, this could be a decisive deal breaker especially when ammo
switchover becomes necessary.

The remedy and answer for 100% of all of the above problems can be found here: http://www.shotenarmory.com/products-and-pricing.php
It always works for the 535, 835, Maverick 88 and 590. Direct fit with no trigger housing nor firearm modification.

Have you tried a pistol grip expanding buttstock like the blackhawk specops? I too can't do the PG alone. I have tendinitis in my elbow and the PG is not friendly to me. But adding the buttstock made a huge difference and if I need to shoot PG I can. It doesn't effect safety availability, and the slide release is still a pain. I used the Shoten extension and it worked brilliantly.

As for safety, I keep mine with magazine loaded and chamber empty so the safety doesn't get used unless I'm actively shooting at the range or something.

I'll check that out, no I just put the buttstock back on. As for safety we do the same, mag loaded, no round chambered but keep safety in jic bc we have kids. Now as for drills and practice we are extremely proficient with this setup and it works well anytime bc it's muscle memory. But yeah thanks I am definitely in the market for recoil reducer, mainly because my cheek weld is so close and I like shooting hi brass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yby2azy8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been enjoying my Cruiser for decades...8+1 from a 20" barrel. ( Item #50580 )

It came with a full stock that's easy to switch out...but I usually have it set up in this configuration.

I sometimes drop one of my 500s into PGO mode and do some range drills and the Shoten Armory Extended Slide Release Lever really shines in this format. I keep my forearm parallel to the ground with my wrist locked and a TUFF1 Gun Grip on the PGO and I roll for hours with 00 Buck and Slugs with no problem. My 18.5" barrel is ported. Like the writer said above it's muscle memory as to positioning to a certain extent. I sometimes shoot plates with #8 shot at 15' from this positioning. Slugs can come back at ya from that distance. Once you index the weapon properly, it's not a problem. I've now got the same 500 to completely cycle with one hand. This is where the lever REALLY shines. It's a pity Mossberg has had our levers for almost a year now and still claim they'll 'be tested soon' which is straightup bullshit. They're sitting on them.

I like my pistol grip 18.5" 20ga M500. I know I am a wimp for not getting 12ga but I am glad I got 20ga.

We love ours. As far as a shotty, its all we need and ours are setup perfect and affordable for our needs

I only started enjoying my PGO Mossy Road Blocker when I installed the Hogue Tamer grip and forend. So much more comfortable shooting 00 buck. Yes, the muzzle brake works too.

500Hogue0001_zps36d74979.jpg

Back